Glock goes off in holster - Page 14
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Glock goes off in holster

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2011, 12:43 AM   #131
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2493 Times on 1422 Posts
Likes Given: 1943

I can't say if it was staged, but to be the devil's advocate, I HAVE seen

leather on a holster bunch up like that before. It just never caused a ND.

Old 04-22-2011, 12:48 AM   #132

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

I have several Galco Jak Slide holsters that are over 20 years old. They are nowhere near as worn out as the one in the OP.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 04-22-2011, 01:47 AM   #133
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I've been following this thread for a while now ,and it's very intresting but sometimes steam came out of my ears ,grunpain1775 I completely agree with wat you said here,"the owner of the weapon DESERVED all he got" that sounds like British piss & vinegar,and I think not one other member on this forum thinks likewise,I know that a lot of British gun owners are realy frustrated on loosing there right to own guns, I have been more than a few times in England and Sotland and I noticed that the always friendly police is not armed,but then again ,I ask you ,anny comments on this ? A few years ago an inocent man was executed by police on a public bus ,and as I recall the policeman got away with it,so stop the B.S about people carrying a loaded gun,
A lot of guns are imported through our ports, ok maybe so ,but I watch a lot of BBC and I remember that they arrested a guy who was making live MAC-10 machineguns out of repro's ,the guy had a litlle shack with machinepark in his back yard,and further more one of this guns was used in a London shooting killing several, at the moment I would feel more safe in a Texas town where C.C is allowed,than walking around in London

Old 04-22-2011, 08:58 AM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I've been following this thread for a while now ,and it's very intresting but sometimes steam came out of my ears ,grunpain1775 I completely agree with wat you said here,"the owner of the weapon DESERVED all he got" that sounds like British piss & vinegar,and I think not one other member on this forum thinks likewise,I know that a lot of British gun owners are realy frustrated on loosing there right to own guns, I have been more than a few times in England and Sotland and I noticed that the always friendly police is not armed,but then again ,I ask you ,anny comments on this ? A few years ago an inocent man was executed by police on a public bus ,and as I recall the policeman got away with it,so stop the B.S about people carrying a loaded gun,
A lot of guns are imported through our ports, ok maybe so ,but I watch a lot of BBC and I remember that they arrested a guy who was making live MAC-10 machineguns out of repro's ,the guy had a litlle shack with machinepark in his back yard,and further more one of this guns was used in a London shooting killing several, at the moment I would feel more safe in a Texas town where C.C is allowed,than walking around in London
I don't usualy swear, but man your talking a load of crap. Firstly, our Police don't carry guns, so how did a person on a bus get executed by one?. Any incident IF and I doubt very much it did happen would have gotten the Police Officer(WHO DIDN'T CARRY) an immediate suspension, and an investigation by an INDEPENDANT authority carry out a thorough investigation.As for the modded imitation weapons, GET YOUR FACTS right, they have been outlawed. and those who did mod them have been slowly whittled down to virtualy relative small numbers.I will, however agree re Being in London, it's the Afro carabeans, who are pushing drugs on our streets are the ones who are doing al the death by shootings not in general the Brits.So as to use your expression, get your facts right prior to posting your load of B.S. And by the way, if you read your posting, you are arguing with your own posting!!You state the friendly police are NOT armed then go on to say a (SINGULAR) police officer executed a person on a bus, now make your mind up.

Jungleman.

There is no such thing as a problem,only a solution.

Last edited by jungleman; 04-22-2011 at 09:05 AM.

Old 04-22-2011, 11:28 AM   #135

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

I can't stand how conversations like this always end up blaming the Glock, as if Glock is the only pistol without a manual safety. Anybody ever heard of Kel Tec? they don't even have the trigger safety thingy like glock has. S&W Sigmas, SD's, and many M&P pistols only have the trigger safety, and let's not forget about the millions of DA revolvers out there.
I'm not trying to sound like a Glock fanboy, but I must point out that ANY of those guns I mentioned would have done the same thing if shoved in a holster with the same problem.
The simple fact of the matter is, the gun is not to blame, it's the owner for not being careful when holstering his weapon.

Old 04-22-2011, 12:29 PM   #136

That's not entirely accurate General Lee.

Keltecs have a bending trigger with a small tab that prevents it from being pulled unless the proper angle on the trigger is pulled. At least the P3AT had that that I used to own.

Lifetime NRA Member
Paul Harris Fellow - 3 Diamond Level

Old 04-22-2011, 01:40 PM   #137

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal Urprising View Post
That's not entirely accurate General Lee.

Keltecs have a bending trigger with a small tab that prevents it from being pulled unless the proper angle on the trigger is pulled. At least the P3AT had that that I used to own.
Did you buy the gun brand new? I've never seen a keltec with a tab safety on the trigger. I own a P32, which is just a P3AT in .32 caliber and it has no such safety. Yours could have been an experimental model? or maybe if you bought it used it could have been an aftermarket trigger?

I was in no way trying to bash on Keltec or Smith & Wesson, I have owned both and I carry a Keltec just about every day. My point was that there are many guns that would have gone off in such a situation, not just Glock.

EDIT: To all those who mentioned guns with external safeties,
I would also like to add that even if a gun has a manual safety, that is no excuse to slack on gun safety and safe handling. I don't care if a gun has 5 external safeties, the owner needs to handle it just as carefully as a gun such as a Glock, or any other gun with no external safety.

Last edited by General_lee; 04-22-2011 at 01:47 PM.

Old 04-22-2011, 02:07 PM   #138

Liked 2506 Times on 1127 Posts
Likes Given: 2410

The problem with guns with no safety is they are handled by people and I've never met a perfect person. Mistakes can be made by anyone. Errors in judgement are never going to go away no matter how much training you have. Yes you can minumize errors thru training but as I said nobody is perfect. JMB understood this 100 years ago but it seems Gaston Glock and others still have alot to learn.

Old 04-22-2011, 03:46 PM   #139
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

This thread has run its course.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Closed Thread