Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Glock goes off in holster

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2011, 04:21 PM   #121
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Can somewon explain as to why the name GLOCK, causes such a ruck on the forum, as opposed to any other hand gun?.I am in agreement with one or two others, that this was a self inflicted scenario, just to be able to sue the Company who made the holster, and make a few bucks.

Being an x L.E.O. the burning question I would like to know, is,has anyone seen the hole in his holster?. perhaps I missed it, but has anyone seen it?.

Having looked at the photo on page 1, the angle of the stick is all wrong, as if he had the holster on his belt, I would have expected the hole to be about one foot forwards to where it is shown.

Jungleman

There is no such thing as a problem,only a solution.

Last edited by jungleman; 04-21-2011 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Additional item

Old 04-21-2011, 05:02 PM   #122

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 41

There is a tremendous bias against Glock pistols on FTF, due mainly to their popularity. It is referred to as "Fanboy syndrome".

The outright lies that continue to be told about Glocks, along with the ignorance of how they actually operate, keep the bias (and debate) very much alive.

Some people love Glocks, and some people hate Glocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleman View Post
Can somewon explain as to why the name GLOCK, causes such a ruck on the forum, as opposed to any other hand gun?.I am in agreement with one or two others, that this was a self inflicted scenario, just to be able to sue the Company who made the holster, and make a few bucks.

Being an x L.E.O. the burning question I would like to know, is,has anyone seen the hole in his holster?. perhaps I missed it, but has anyone seen it?.

Having looked at the photo on page 1, the angle of the stick is all wrong, as if he had the holster on his belt, I would have expected the hole to be about one foot forwards to where it is shown.

Jungleman

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 04-21-2011, 05:16 PM   #123

Liked 2184 Times on 1253 Posts
Likes Given: 1777

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
A weapon not chambered in an unloaded weapon. THere is no way for any modern weapon that has not been modded in some dumbassed way to go off when you stumble. So all you do by carrying an unloaded weapon is render the weapon useless until you load it. And one truth anyone that has ever had to use their weapon can tell you is things get real fast in a real hurry. It's not liek TV. More often than not the time that it takes to properly load your weapon by racking a slide will end up putting that shooter in a real bad situation.

The only reason I've seen for for not carrying the weapon chambered was for people that have not had the proper training to carry said weapon. And truth be told these people would be better off without it in the first place.Fore it is this untrained person that will end up hurt themselves or hurt someone other than their intended target. THere is no substitute for proper training. If you can take the time out of your day to buy and carry a weapon you owe it to yourself and everyone around you to learn how to properly handle that weapon in a safe manner.

Man, I'm no Glock fan by any means. But this was a pilot error and the person was damn lucky it was not worse. A Glock when handled properly will not go off if you drop it, stumble or fall, or chuck it out the window at 60 mp/h.It's people like the person in the pics that really mess things up for those of us that take the time to make sure we are trained and are able to carry a weapon without doing something stupid.
I must respectfully disagree with you somewhat, sir. ie-all NDs and ADs
originate from having a round chambered.

Can you live with the danger of an ND or AD, as a trade-off to being
combat-ready? I cannot. You and many others can.

It's all a compromise of risk vs safety.

We'd all rather have the risk of private gun ownership
rather than government confiscation.

Some prefer to hunt animals with lower risk. I prefer
hunting the considerably more dangerous wild boar.

I can also live with jacking a round under fire. I've handled worse, and I'm willing to take that risk.
If I'm willing to let you run around with one in the pipe, then what do you care?

(BTW, see you when Mr. Murphy comes calling...)

Last edited by therewolf; 04-21-2011 at 05:24 PM.

Old 04-21-2011, 05:51 PM   #124

There is no risk to safety if you carry a round chambered in a gun designed to do just that.

If you walk around with a firearm that is not designed to have a round chambered, you are either broke (can't afford a good gun), or uneducated.

I can take my firearm and throw it on the ground as hard as I can with a round chambered and it will not go off. I have dropped it several times when it slipped off my belt when either going to the bathroom or changing/taking off pants. It is designed to not go off unless the trigger is fully pulled- period.

That is the benefit with a DAO (dual action) firearm.

Lifetime NRA Member
Paul Harris Fellow - 3 Diamond Level

Old 04-21-2011, 07:30 PM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal Urprising View Post
There is no risk to safety if you carry a round chambered in a gun designed to do just that.

If you walk around with a firearm that is not designed to have a round chambered, you are either broke (can't afford a good gun), or uneducated.

I can take my firearm and throw it on the ground as hard as I can with a round chambered and it will not go off. I have dropped it several times when it slipped off my belt when either going to the bathroom or changing/taking off pants. It is designed to not go off unless the trigger is fully pulled- period.

That is the benefit with a DAO (dual action) firearm.
Yeah, that's exactly what the guy with the leather holster and the Glock thought
LAST MONTH...

Old 04-21-2011, 07:39 PM   #126

Liked 1756 Times on 802 Posts
Likes Given: 1781

"All ND's come from having a round in the chamber." What kind of logic is that? Hell all auto accidents are a result of having the keys in the ignition if we use that logic.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:00 PM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
"All ND's come from having a round in the chamber." What kind of logic is that? Hell all auto accidents are a result of having the keys in the ignition if we use that logic.
Oh, I'm sorry, you're right, NDs happen when there ISN'T a round in the

chamber. My bad.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:11 PM   #128

What about Post 121 on here guys, lets have a few of your opinions.
I think the GLOCK issue has been shot to death, Do you think the guy is trying to pull a fast one.?.
Any LEOs out there, whats your opinion?.

Jungleman

There is no such thing as a problem,only a solution.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:29 PM   #129

Seems like a decent glock holster or something with better retention would be ideal for your firearm Glock Holsters Home - glockworld.com

Old 04-21-2011, 11:48 PM   #130

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleman View Post
What about Post 121 on here guys, lets have a few of your opinions.
I think the GLOCK issue has been shot to death, Do you think the guy is trying to pull a fast one.?.
Any LEOs out there, whats your opinion?.

Jungleman
As I have said already, I believe the guy is either trying to pull a fast one, or the whole story is staged.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Closed Thread