Glock goes off in holster - Page 12
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Glock goes off in holster

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2011, 05:45 PM   #111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
Wait a minute, was the guy driving the Morris carrying a Glock?
No, He was driving the car, which was made from Recycled Glocks

Jungleman.

There is no such thing as a problem,only a solution.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:48 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaTmAn View Post
What gets me is that because its a glock its getting any attention. If that would have been any other gun would have it got the attention that this post is. While i do carry a glock and i do have many differnt holsters depending on need i belive in taking care of my carry gear which i think this guy should of done.
In essence I agree with what you say. however, I have NO ISSUES with the Glock, my concern is, and will always be Gun Safety, nothing more, nothing less.
Jungleman.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:02 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Hmm...I think the discussion has been very tame, so far. You seem to think that guns possess mystical powers, and impart some kind of spell on people. You said that guns CAUSE crime. That is BS.

We see it differently. Is the car to blame for the drunk driver? Is the alcohol? No, the drunk driver is to blame. And then alcoholism gets labeled "a sickness". I believe it is a choice.

And I do not know Gruntpain, but I'd be willing to bet that he is exactly the kind of person we WANT owning guns. I'd also be willing to bet that he has never broken a law with a gun.

I commend you for joining a large gun forum and having the stones to take a moderately anti-gun stance, openly. But I don't think there are many FTF members who feel the way you do. We do not generally believe that any gun control is reasonable. Responsible people should be able to respond forcefully to the actions of violent and irresponsible people. And there should be consequences for criminals who are caught committing crime, especially violent crime.

All of your anti-gun statements, so far, are emotion based. And you have made pronouncements and been dismissive. We prefer reason.

If a large, violent man is breaking into my house I think it is reasonable for my wife to blow him out of his loafers with a 12ga. In the UK, that is not allowed. She would be required to submit to whatever violence and depravity he deemed was appropriate, and (if she survived) rely on the Police to take a tidy report and "try" to find the perp. We have a very different view on self defense in this country. Isn't it true that if he broke into a home in the UK and the woman inside defended herself with a knife (and he had no knife) that she would go to jail for using excessive force? Does that seem right to you?
If you read one of my threads, you will see that I also stated the same as you, inasmuch as if I found an uninvited guest in my house in the middle of the night, I did say I would shoot/stab, and if needed, kill the perp, I also added "And sod the consequenses", meaning I agree with what most of you have been saying on this posting, I just feel that being a Brit, you are to coin a phrase,"Going off half cocked".
Jungleman

Old 04-20-2011, 06:21 PM   #114

Can anyone help with Post 82 regarding these kids?. Together with a local gun club under the instructions of a trained Police Firearms Officer. Re GUN SAFETY.
Jungleman.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:48 PM   #115

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

What does it matter if we are American or from England. If he likes guns and likes to use them responsibly hes alright in my book

Old 04-20-2011, 09:46 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaTmAn View Post
What does it matter if we are American or from England. If he likes guns and likes to use them responsibly hes alright in my book
AHHHHHHHH, a breath of fresh clean air, at long last, from one who has common sense.

Jungleman

Old 04-20-2011, 10:18 PM   #117

I am late to this but here is my take....

The guy wasn't careful and shot himself. Then fabricated the reason by altering the holster so that he could say - "I didn't shoot myself because I am a moron, I shot myself because the holster was defective."

Now he can contact the holster company in an attempt to extort money from them. Just my take.

Lifetime NRA Member
Paul Harris Fellow - 3 Diamond Level

Old 04-21-2011, 03:23 AM   #118

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal Urprising View Post

The guy wasn't careful and shot himself. Then fabricated the reason by altering the holster so that he could say - "I didn't shoot myself because I am a moron, I shot myself because the holster was defective."

Now he can contact the holster company in an attempt to extort money from them. Just my take.
This is in line with my thoughts, too. Either this, or just another anti-Glock post disguised as a warning about a holster.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 04-21-2011, 05:49 AM   #119

Liked 2605 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal Urprising View Post

While I think you may be right, I have to aver that I've seen leather distort,

stretch, split, double up or double under

in holsters, belts and tool belts to an alarming degree in the past.

Some have made just the distortion as the holster in question.

Unfortunately, Murphy's Law applies to leather, also.

Old 04-21-2011, 06:10 AM   #120

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleman View Post
Because it's a damned stupid idea in the first place.
Who will you blame when your chambered cocked weapon goes off if you stumble and take an accidental fall, and shoot yourself?.or worse still some other passer by.God forbid, maybe even a 5 or 6 yrs old child.
Sounds like you need a few gun safety lessons.

Jungleman
A weapon not chambered in an unloaded weapon. THere is no way for any modern weapon that has not been modded in some dumbassed way to go off when you stumble. So all you do by carrying an unloaded weapon is render the weapon useless until you load it. And one truth anyone that has ever had to use their weapon can tell you is things get real fast in a real hurry. It's not liek TV. More often than not the time that it takes to properly load your weapon by racking a slide will end up putting that shooter in a real bad situation.

The only reason I've seen for for not carrying the weapon chambered was for people that have not had the proper training to carry said weapon. And truth be told these people would be better off without it in the first place.Fore it is this untrained person that will end up hurt themselves or hurt someone other than their intended target. THere is no substitute for proper training. If you can take the time out of your day to buy and carry a weapon you owe it to yourself and everyone around you to learn how to properly handle that weapon in a safe manner.

Man, I'm no Glock fan by any means. But this was a pilot error and the person was damn lucky it was not worse. A Glock when handled properly will not go off if you drop it, stumble or fall, or chuck it out the window at 60 mp/h.It's people like the person in the pics that really mess things up for those of us that take the time to make sure we are trained and are able to carry a weapon without doing something stupid.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Closed Thread