Glock goes off in holster - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Glock goes off in holster

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2011, 12:59 AM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1086 Times on 640 Posts
Likes Given: 340

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleman View Post
Sorry, but I had to laugh when you said, a wheel came off a car etc, whilst driving a Morris Marina patrol car the rear O/S wheel sheared the studs, and the wheel passed me, design and metal fatigue blamed and all taken out of service.
I once saw a guy driving a Morris Marina and a Piano fell out of the sky and crushed the car. In fact it happened twice!

Using your logic we should not allow people to drive Morris Marina's because they are the cause of piano's falling out of the sky.

/I'm serious Piano's landed on these cars, I can link the video if needed.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 04-20-2011, 01:30 AM   #102

So Jungleman, because I disagree with you I should not be allowed to carry a gun? Because I do not buy into guns in the hand of the General populace is an evil thing, I shouldn't own a gun? Or is that, perhaps, I don't feel the need to place laws on guns and/or gun ownership "For the safety of the children"? Or is it because I carry a weapon with a round in the chamber? In your view that is unsafe, therefor if it is unsafe and I do it, I should not be allowed to own guns.

Here in the US, we hold people accountable for their actions, not objects. We treat people like adults and allow them to make their own decisions regarding their safety and welfare of the children.

Your culture cons your people into believing that the government is the answer, and that they are responsible for everything. I'm sure that helps relieve the some 47,000 women that are raped in the UK each year. Your government wants to take things like fire extinguishers and ban them, for fear the people will not use them properly or it may promote them to fight a grease fire. Your culture and your government doesn't hold people accountable for their actions, instead the blame an object. Your culture and your government treats your subjects like children, unable to take care of themselves.

A gun does not cause crime. People cause crime. If we were to take gun all the way out of the equation we would be having this conversation and the subject would be a knife. Kinda like how the UK has a knife problem now right? IF we take away a knife we go to sticks and stones, eventually to a fist.

So, I respect your First Amendment right to say what you want. That's God given.....oh wait, you don't have that. Sorry. At any rate, please continue to visit here and learn. But while you are here, be take your snooty and arrogant British mindset and pack it away it a little box. you might learn something.

Old 04-20-2011, 01:44 AM   #103

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

You know Grunt, I don't think his comments were snooty or arrogant and as for his British mindset,,,, well he is British after all. We are how and what we are raised with. Jungle posted his beliefs and for the most part was civil and tried to put them in factual manner. I don’t agree with his beliefs but I respect him for his right to believe them and put them out for all to see.

I don’t see any further use in continuing the direction this topic has taken and believe everyone has expressed their opinion so lets let this one die and move forward.

We still don’t know WHAT actually caused the Glock trigger to be pulled .. do we?

Scubie

Old 04-20-2011, 01:48 AM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzscubie View Post
You know Grunt, I don't think his comments were snooty or arrogant and as for his British mindset,,,, well he is British after all. We are how and what we are raised with. Jungle posted his beliefs and for the most part was civil and tried to put them in factual manner. I don’t agree with his beliefs but I respect him for his right to believe them and put them out for all to see.

I don’t see any further use in continuing the direction this topic has taken and believe everyone has expressed their opinion so lets let this one die and move forward.

We still don’t know WHAT actually caused the Glock trigger to be pulled .. do we?

Scubie
Agreed, this equine has been repeatedly bludgeoned in a sufficient manner.

Happy Patriot Day, all!

Old 04-20-2011, 02:14 AM   #105

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Don't you love how Glock threads often wind up like this,

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!

Last edited by mesinge2; 04-20-2011 at 03:29 AM.

Old 04-20-2011, 03:21 AM   #106

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzscubie View Post

Scubie
I have a pretty good idea....

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 04-20-2011, 09:23 AM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruntpain1775 View Post
So Jungleman, because I disagree with you I should not be allowed to carry a gun? Because I do not buy into guns in the hand of the General populace is an evil thing, I shouldn't own a gun? Or is that, perhaps, I don't feel the need to place laws on guns and/or gun ownership "For the safety of the children"? Or is it because I carry a weapon with a round in the chamber? In your view that is unsafe, therefor if it is unsafe and I do it, I should not be allowed to own guns.

Here in the US, we hold people accountable for their actions, not objects. We treat people like adults and allow them to make their own decisions regarding their safety and welfare of the children.

Your culture cons your people into believing that the government is the answer, and that they are responsible for everything. I'm sure that helps relieve the some 47,000 women that are raped in the UK each year. Your government wants to take things like fire extinguishers and ban them, for fear the people will not use them properly or it may promote them to fight a grease fire. Your culture and your government doesn't hold people accountable for their actions, instead the blame an object. Your culture and your government treats your subjects like children, unable to take care of themselves.

A gun does not cause crime. People cause crime. If we were to take gun all the way out of the equation we would be having this conversation and the subject would be a knife. Kinda like how the UK has a knife problem now right? IF we take away a knife we go to sticks and stones, eventually to a fist.

So, I respect your First Amendment right to say what you want. That's God given.....oh wait, you don't have that. Sorry. At any rate, please continue to visit here and learn. But while you are here, be take your snooty and arrogant British mindset and pack it away it a little box. you might learn something.
Firstly lets get one thing straight. I am not snooty or arrogant, there is a big culteral differece here between our two Nations, you obviously don't know as much about us Brits as you THINK you do. We have always been there for you when you needed us, as now, and we are willing to fight and die next to any American, as I would like to think we Brits know right from wrong.Also you seem to have failed to notice in my postings, I own a Ruger, and a Browning 12 guage O/U. S/Gun.So, my "Little box" is staying open. Before you make such snide, caustic, assinine remarks about me, first get to know me.

Jungleman.

There is no such thing as a problem,only a solution.

Last edited by jungleman; 04-20-2011 at 09:30 AM.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:35 AM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
I once saw a guy driving a Morris Marina and a Piano fell out of the sky and crushed the car. In fact it happened twice!

Using your logic we should not allow people to drive Morris Marina's because they are the cause of piano's falling out of the sky.

Go on then, post the vid, I could do with a laugh.

Jungleman.

There is no such thing as a problem,only a solution.

Old 04-20-2011, 12:39 PM   #109

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

What gets me is that because its a glock its getting any attention. If that would have been any other gun would have it got the attention that this post is. While i do carry a glock and i do have many differnt holsters depending on need i belive in taking care of my carry gear which i think this guy should of done.

Old 04-20-2011, 01:15 PM   #110

Liked 2448 Times on 1394 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post

Wait a minute, was the guy driving the Morris carrying a Glock?

Closed Thread