Glock Accidental-.45 cal into hand/with Pic's - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety >

Glock Accidental-.45 cal into hand/with Pic's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2010, 11:11 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quoted again as the gospel truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
There are NO accidental discharges, ONLY NEGLIGENT DISCHARGES!
Many-MANY people have been hurt or worse with "unloaded" weapons. Check it..Then check it again. And it does not hurt to check it yet again.

I hope the guy comes out on the end OK. It's a horrible lesson to learn the hard way. The "shooter" is very lucky at any rate. It could have been much worse.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:06 PM   #12

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

Didn't Robo have a guy who put one through his own hand and his friend's leg when he was taking down his Glock to clean it? The guy was a felon, no less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 03-27-2010, 03:28 PM   #13

Liked 359 Times on 202 Posts
Likes Given: 292

I know of a guy that is quite active on several other forums that used to use an x-ray of his left hand as his avatar. Needless to say he was a Glock owner that now has a very different bone structure in that hand after attempting to clean that gun.

For some reason I have yet to see any of these reports associated with anything other than a Glock pistol. There are plenty of other striker fired handguns out there. What are the odds?

Old 03-27-2010, 05:42 PM   #14

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

I am sure the reason we hear of so many with the glock is that there are so many out there. That along with many guys new to shooting want a cool black tacticool pistol like in all the movies.

Glock is it.

I think having to pull the trigger to disassemble a pistol is stupid. It is amazing that the 1911 doesn't have to have the trigger pulled to take the slide off. I am not bagging glock and propping a 1911 I just have more experience with a 1911 over say a beretta or a sig or any of the other pistols out there.

Old 03-27-2010, 06:09 PM   #15

A good friend has a 24/7 Pro Long Slide. I was there when he broke it down for the first time. I said, "What? Pull the trigger? Quadruple check that thing!" He did. I was not comfy being there at that moment, but all went well.

Quote:

Old 03-27-2010, 06:44 PM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I own a Glock 30sf and even after racking the slide several times and checking twice both physically and visually, I never feel too safe pulling the trigger to disassemble it.
For some reason I have that old mindset to never pull the trigger (not only for safety) without something to keep the firng pin from over-traveling when dry fired. I hear it used to be an issue in 20+ year old guns.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:02 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Didn't Robo have a guy who put one through his own hand and his friend's leg when he was taking down his Glock to clean it? The guy was a felon, no less.
I am correcting myself. I remember now that it was another LEO that came across that recently. It was a newer member named Brad. Just wanted to give the right props.

Quote:

Old 03-28-2010, 04:55 AM   #18

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Default No Such Thing as a bad Gun, Only bad Shooters

I see a lot of concern here about the need to pull the trigger on a Glock to take it down. I'm no fan of Glock but I love my XD and it has the same requirement. This thread contains way too many "poor guy" and "lucky guy" comments. Would anyone be saying "poor guy" or "luck guy" if his wife, rather than his tool box had caught that "NEGLIGENTLY DISCHARDED" round? I doubt it.
Every ND I've ever seen or heard of came down to the same FAILURE. A failure to check the chamber. Those that resulted in injury or death contained a second FAILURE. A failure to control the muzzle of the weapon.
And why in God's name is it necessary to cross the muzzle with your hand while pulling the trigger? I've taken down many Glock and never needed to do this.
Let's not make the mistake of blaming individual failures on the design of inanimate objects. That ground is well covered by those who'd like see us all disarmed. And when we see a dumb #%&, please, don't be afraid to call a spaid a spaid.

Tackleberry1

Old 03-28-2010, 05:17 AM   #19

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Knew a guy that drew his Beretta prior to a night mission over Bosnia "back-in-the-day". Inserted a mag, released the slide, and then did what any Tomcat RIO would do: Pulled the damned bang switch. The round eventually found its way into a Resusci-Annie doll which was sleeping peacefully in her case, right next to my office aboard USS America.
If you ever have the chance to read "Punk's War", he writes about it abstractly. Not hawking for the guy, he is what he is. Welcome to WardCarroll.com, Author, F-14 Tomcat Guy, Guitarist

Old 03-16-2011, 06:51 PM   #20

wow. talk about a costly mistake