Which Glasses to choose? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Which Glasses to choose?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2010, 01:21 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 208 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Had a set of lenses made for the Rx insert on a pair of Bolle' Vigilantes.
Left lens (dominant eye) is front sight focus. Right is distance. Takes
about 20 minutes for the brain to adapt. I shoot USPSA Practical
Pistol, and without these glasses I would probably not be shooting iron
sights.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:45 PM   #12

Liked 355 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drrhein View Post
I was guessing that was the case, I've had the best luck with using glasses that bring the sights into focus and leave the target a bit blurry. I like the different lens idea. wally world sells cheap readers so I'll get a pair of 1.0 and a pair of 1.5 and swap the lenses for one side between them and give that a try. I'm left eye dominant so I'll set one pair up close left and far right and give that try.
I have a good friend that used to work for Boeing here, that turned me on to that little secret years ago. We met for the first time at the local range as he was the one that ran the highpower matches there. He was wearing a pair of those biatchen aviator glasses, but I noticed something really odd about them.

One of the lenses had a wierd sort of bubble in it, towards the upper inside corner and the whole lens was kind of oddly shaped. I had to ask him about it (of course) and he explained that he had them specially made for him. He is a helo pilot and said that the position of the odd lens made it possible for him to see the HUD in the aircraft easily, as well as keeping his distance vision in a convenient location.

At the same time he discovered that they worked quite well for his shooting too. Bonus! I had talked with him about me having problems with getting a good focus on my front sight, and seeing a ghost ring or black fog when looking through my rear sight aperture. Then he showed me how I was actually looking though the upper corner of my glasses when in shooting position and getting a distorted image because I wasn't looking through the optical center of the lens like you normally would.

The adjustable shooting frames were the hot ticket for me after that.

Old 11-19-2010, 05:12 PM   #13

to bring everyone up to date with laik....it is possible to correct both near and far vision together in each eye today...an associate of mine just had the procedure performed and he cant believe how well his vision is both near and far....

Old 11-25-2010, 02:58 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
to bring everyone up to date with laik....it is possible to correct both near and far vision together in each eye today...an associate of mine just had the procedure performed and he cant believe how well his vision is both near and far....
Well looky looky, you cheating on FCC!