Getting worse - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Getting worse

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 01:23 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
I do a similar drill using a cheap, i mean really cheap, laser. I zero it to put the dot right on top of the front sight and point it to an empty wall, after clearing the weapon, loading in a snap cap and dougle checking that the gun is unloaded. When I pull the trigger I look to see how much the dot moves on the wall. The direction of movement helps me diagnose any potential grip or triggering issues similar to the miss chart below:

+1 Jpyle, That's handgun practice with really cheap ammo!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 07-27-2010, 01:30 PM   #22

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Just a standard rail mounted lasersight I got on e-bay for about $20.
Thanks...dunno if such a thing would be available in gunshops here though.

E-bay is out cos you have to get a Prohibited Weapons import licence from the Federal Attorney-General to bring in anything even vaguely firearms-related...even a plastic holster or a scope

Wonder if you could strap a mini maglight onto it Hmm that sounds completely unsatisfying lol

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 07-27-2010, 01:46 PM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuk View Post

E-bay is out cos you have to get a Prohibited Weapons import licence from the Federal Attorney-General to bring in anything even vaguely firearms-related...even a plastic holster or a scope

Wonder if you could strap a mini maglight onto it Hmm that sounds completely unsatisfying lol
Did you happen to see this from our friends in the UK?

http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/news/1013959.bullet_found_in_doorway/

As you know, I feel you pain.

Old 07-27-2010, 02:09 PM   #24

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigp250 View Post
Did you happen to see this from our friends in the UK?

Bullet found in doorway (From East London and West Essex Guardian Series)

As you know, I feel you pain.

Bloody hell, a rogue .22!

Quote:
A police spokesman said: "Recovering firearms and ammunition is a priority for the police. We take the same view of ammunition as we do of a gun.

"If it goes bang, it is still lethal.

OK that's it - Just for good measure they'd better haul in every rabbit rifle in the country to be destroyed &/or melted down also...surely .22LR is just as bad, if not worse! You can never be too sure

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Last edited by zhuk; 07-27-2010 at 02:12 PM.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:01 AM   #25

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuk View Post

A boresight would probably work just as well if it doesn't also require an import license. You are really just watching the dot's movement so as long as it aligns with the bore axis somehow it should work. Let me know if there is something you are interested in, as long as it's legal I can get it here and ship it to you.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington