Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Getting my CWP.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2010, 04:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Getting my CWP.

I plan to get my Concealed Weapons Permit, I am unsure of what to expect. My dad has taken it, he took it with a .22, but owns a .357. I plan on getting a .40 cal, would it be smart to take the test with at .22 or just practice enough with the .40 cal?

"Change isn't good or bad. It just is." - Don Draper

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-03-2010, 10:57 AM   #2

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Depends, in some states you have to qualify with the type/caliber gun you intend to carry. If that's not the case in SC, us whatever you shoot the best...

Old 06-04-2010, 02:49 AM   #3

Liked 34 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I just took the class myself. I took my P345 to the class I took that one because I was very comfortable shooting it in front of the instructor. I think you should take what you are comfortable with or what you are planning to carry. Just my opinion hope it helps a little.

I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger
ain't skeered

Old 06-04-2010, 05:41 AM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Here you have to qualify with maximum caliber. I had a .45 semi-auto, so I can carry anything in .452 diameter in semi-auto. I had a .44 revolver so I can carry anything up to .429 in revolver. So if I get a .475 Linebaugh I have to take the thing all over. If there was a POOP smiley I'd post it.

Newest Threads