Frustrated and asking for help! - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Frustrated and asking for help!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 02:04 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

If you think you are anticipating the recoil, play flinch or fire. Have a partner take your pistol, and have him load a live round, or no round at all. Since you don't know if it's loaded, you'll pull the trigger expecting recoil, if there isn't a round in the chamber you'll see your self flich. Paly that every once in a while and you'll learn to ignor recoil and focus more on aiming.

Old 03-10-2010, 02:27 AM   #22

Liked 5011 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Default TJ Quote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghillie-Monster View Post
If you think you are anticipating the recoil, play flinch or fire. Have a partner take your pistol, and have him load a live round, or no round at all. Since you don't know if it's loaded, you'll pull the trigger expecting recoil, if there isn't a round in the chamber you'll see your self flich. Paly that every once in a while and you'll learn to ignor recoil and focus more on aiming.
Great quote but I thought he said "refreshed" not "watered"?

Old 10-27-2010, 11:21 PM   #23

I agree with the .22 suggestions. A 550 rd box can do wonders improving yourself or in some cases reinforcing bad habits. lol

I'm sure you "benched" the pistol and it shot well with your load right? Lots of inconsistent ammo out there.

My experience, maybe you need to find "your" pistol. I have small hands and I shoot acceptably well, well enough to do the job, but I refused to hunt with handgun because unless I had one foot on the animal I was certain the shot would be iffy.

I found a Colt Diamondback .22 w/ six inch barrel that fit my hands perfectly. It is the only pistol I hunt with now and dropping squirrels and cottontails is my favorite past time.

Hope that helps.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:28 PM   #24

Here are some tips to help stop flinching when shooting a handgun.

How to Stop Flinching When Shooting Guns

Other shooting tips can be found here..
http://www.reviewsofthings.com/

Old 03-15-2011, 03:29 PM   #25

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Being able to get a good sight picture. The front sight must be clear and aligned with the rear. On paper this will give you a some what out of focus bulls eye. Then a proper squeeze thru with the trigger. Yes, it takes lots of shooting. Good luck.

DK

Old 03-15-2011, 03:36 PM   #26

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

One good use of a laser is that you can see how stable your hand/gun is as you start squeezing the trigger. I've seen some people who uses laser in the range and it is amazing to see/watch how much movement some shooters have.

I don't own a gun laser so I taped a cheap (worth couple of dollars) laser pointer to my gun and do that as I dry fire at home. My wife and I watch each other and it sure helped a lot.

Hope this tip helps you.