Front Sight Firearms Training
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Front Sight Firearms Training

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 10:59 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default Front Sight Firearms Training

I was visiting several sites on concealed carry and ran across a ccw quiz from Front Sight(Dr. Ignatius Piazza) and started taking the quiz. When I got through, it wanted my name and email b4 giving me my score. I just wondered if anyone had taken any of their classes, how much it costs, and if it was worth it? (Is this quiz just a scam to get my email address?)

John

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-06-2013, 04:14 AM   #2

Liked 53 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Idk about the quiz and stuff but I have been to Front Sight for a 5 day defensive handgun course and I was very pleased. They really taught me a lot. I think I paid just over a grand, but I also got a Springfield XD 9mm and a bunch of other accessories like a belt, hat, shirt and etc. Plus on the 5th day I got my concealed license for the state of Utah. Overall a good experience!

Old 01-06-2013, 04:45 AM   #3

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

He sends me emails almost daily. I hope you didnt give him the email.

-Matt

Old 01-06-2013, 06:28 AM   #4
I used to play keyboards, but now...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2394 Times on 1452 Posts
Likes Given: 2512

No worse than the NRA deluge of e-mails. I mostly just delete them. Some of the articles and videos are kind of interesting.

Some day after I'm through with my mortgage (for the second time, grrr... dont get me started...) I may take a weeks vacation and go there for some training.

(By the way, love the tan line!!)

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

Old 01-06-2013, 06:04 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2152 Times on 1478 Posts
Likes Given: 801

In this area we have so many super qualified people offering training. The local sheriffs dept. will come evaluate your home for free and you can ask who would offer the best training for your needs and physical capabilities. Front sight might be your best option or there might be a local option that is a lot better that you can take a few hours at the time. Your local police dept would know. Our sheriffs dept has bunches of training operations that want to come there for free to get their foot in the door or get a referral from the sheriffs dept.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

Old 01-06-2013, 11:44 PM   #6

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

You can buy a membership which gives you access to any course. You just have to pay for ammunition. It's a great deal since they have all sorts of classes, including a full auto. Everyone that has trained there has nothing but good to say about it. I have some diamond memberships that I'm selling for a good price. If you're interested send me a PM.

And yes, he sends A LOT of e-mails. I just delete them too.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:07 AM   #7

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'm also a lifetime member and can't say enough good things about the training and the people. Both are top notch. And the improvement in my own ability and my confidence level after going there has been remarkable.

Whatever you do, don't pay the $1K or more listed on the website for a single class. Find someone who is a lifetime member and just buy a membership. It's cheaper than attending one class (less than half, unless someone is gouging you) and it gets you some pretty good discounts at the pro shop.

And the email flood is a reality. But you can always remove yourself from the list.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:14 AM   #8
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Just opt out after you get the first email.

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 01-14-2013, 01:29 AM   #9

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

These combat classes are loads of fun. If you are a avid Combat Match shooter it can really help you scores. I am not sure learning shooting games helps the civilian CCW gun owner.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:36 AM   #10

Liked 4538 Times on 2261 Posts
Likes Given: 1030

You guys need to go to a place like "Live.com" set up an email under a different name, and use that for all the junk BS...

I stumble upon my spare email from time to time and see like 900 unread emails... lol.

I use my real email for friends and business matters only.

Arbitrary enforcement of the law is the mark of tyranny. Citizens will always fight against it.