Front Sight - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Front Sight

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2012, 04:16 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

I ended up signing up for a lifetime membership as well. I haven't been able to get out yet, but I'm planning to head out next year for the pistol class. Also, to anyone interested in a lifetime membership, send me a PM.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:10 AM   #12

Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

My contact at Frontsight is selling the diamond memberships for the next 2 weeks for $199

That sucks!! 2 years ago they were $5,000

Old 10-19-2012, 05:14 AM   #13

Yep.

I assume it has to do with the new ambassador membership. I have three right now. That's about what I was assuming I could sell them for.

Old 10-20-2012, 03:20 AM   #14

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'm actually here at Front sight right now. Just finished a 4 day handgun class yesterday and started a 2 day practical rifle class today. The training you get here is a bargain at any price. You do, however, need to come here with an open mind and be willing to do things their way. Don't come here to show off what you think you know because it just pisses off those of us who really are here to learn.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:05 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ
I'm actually here at Front sight right now. Just finished a 4 day handgun class yesterday and started a 2 day practical rifle class today. The training you get here is a bargain at any price. You do, however, need to come here with an open mind and be willing to do things their way. Don't come here to show off what you think you know because it just pisses off those of us who really are here to learn.
They do ask you to try it their way, if it doesn't work better for you, your welcome to do it your way. If you can show your way is better, they will even consider trying it.

Good guys and gals, with the goal of getting everyone to shoot, shoot better, shoot safer, and spreading the word to get everyone to do the same. That's a great goal..

Old 10-27-2012, 01:56 AM   #16

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Update: We got home late Sunday from Front Sight. My sis and I did a four day handgun class followed immediately by a two day practical rifle class. I don't know if I recommend doing back-to-back classes if you are fat and out of shape like me. My @$$ was pretty solidly kicked. But it was fun. I made graduate in the handgun class with only two shots outside the box for the whole test. My speed was another matter entirely. Need to work on a faster presentation from cover. But not bad for my first four day handgun class.

One cool little bonus, and I don't know when they started this or how long it lasts, but on day one of each class, during lunch time, they held a full auto fun shoot. $30/mag to shoot an M-16, MP5, Thompson, Uzi, or mini-Uzi. And no one was standing there hollering about short bursts only, you wanna dump the mag, have at it. Just keep it under control. Pretty fun little distraction.

After handgun:

After rifle:

Last edited by russ; 10-27-2012 at 02:00 AM.

Old 11-02-2012, 04:20 PM   #17

Liked 20 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpupp
I am a member, and membership is no longer available unless you get one from another member who has extras.
Can't say enough about Frontsight! Great Training, Great Instructors, Great Fun.

We call it the Disneyland for Gun Owners.

They even have 4 day Automatic Weapons classes were you shoot M-16's or Uzis for 4 days.

If you live in or visit Las Vegas once a year, and like to shoot, you need to be a member..

Contact a member to become a member, but don't pay more than $500 bucks for the top level (Diamond) membership.

Online says each class costs $2,000.00, but members can get you every class, any day, for the rest of your life for free, If you buy one of their extra memberships.
I was offered the membership for $350 if my friend and I payed for a membership at the gun show on a Sunday afternoon end of the day kinda thing. Didn't get it though. My buddy did t have his share and I didn't have enough to cover us both.

If you have a chance to go to a gun show here in Vegas. Wait til Sunday afternoon and go talk to them. They will hook you up. Unbelievably!!

Old 11-07-2012, 04:51 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiehunter

I was offered the membership for $350 if my friend and I payed for a membership at the gun show on a Sunday afternoon end of the day kinda thing. Didn't get it though. My buddy did t have his share and I didn't have enough to cover us both.

If you have a chance to go to a gun show here in Vegas. Wait til Sunday afternoon and go talk to them. They will hook you up. Unbelievably!!
Call a member and get it even cheaper ..

Old 11-08-2012, 01:44 AM   #19

Yep, I have three right now. I wouldn't try and sell them for that.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:53 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon
Yep, I have three right now. I wouldn't try and sell them for that.
Sad to say that the membership that once retailed for $98,000 (not a typo), can be found for as little as $99 sans the 5 free guns.