Front Sight
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Front Sight

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2010, 03:33 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 20 Posts

Default Front Sight

Has anyone here had any personal dealing with the Front Sight organization based out of the Las Vegas area?

I see their ads all the time and have read some of their news letters.....but it just sounds too good to be true. They offer a "free" XD as part of their membership package plus lifetime training course, from basic to tactical to hand to hand.....

They just seem to do a LOT of advertising.

Any personal experience on the forum?

Thanks,
Walt

If I have to explain it, you probably won't understand it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-20-2010, 03:39 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Not exactly, but in my capacity as an FFL, I have transferred several of the "Free" XD guns to clients who had attended Front Site training. All they ever had to say were good things about the training, and on top of that they received a new Springfield Arms handgun!

Old 03-06-2012, 09:54 PM   #3

Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

I am a member, and membership is no longer available unless you get one from another member who has extras.
Can't say enough about Frontsight! Great Training, Great Instructors, Great Fun.

We call it the Disneyland for Gun Owners.

They even have 4 day Automatic Weapons classes were you shoot M-16's or Uzis for 4 days.

If you live in or visit Las Vegas once a year, and like to shoot, you need to be a member..

Contact a member to become a member, but don't pay more than $500 bucks for the top level (Diamond) membership.

Online says each class costs $2,000.00, but members can get you every class, any day, for the rest of your life for free, If you buy one of their extra memberships.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:13 PM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I to, a life member I concur with pupp.
I plan my vacations to include at least 2 trips a year. The staff is very professional not the barking of a “boot camp” lots of shooting.

I’m rigjumpr and I approve this message.

Rigjumpr
Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Handgun Instructor,
Owner Operator- DefenderTX Concealed Handgun training
“American by birth Texan by the grace of God”
“Molon labe”
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151001455519?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p39 84.m1555.l2649

Old 03-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #5

Default Good Experience As well

I am a life member as well for about 4 years, I can say that my experience has always been a good one. My last trip out I brought my wife's cousin along with me who was about to enter the US Army. Being an Army vet myself, and knowing he would see combat soon based on his timing of entering the service (this was about 3 years ago), I wanted to ensure he had the best training I could find.

They did a great job. I've not been out lately but plan to head out again real soon. Haven't been keeping up with the membership deals etc. They are a little on the "chatty" side with their marketing efforts but the training and facility itself is excellent.

Jim

Old 03-12-2012, 04:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitarms
I am a life member as well for about 4 years, I can say that my experience has always been a good one.

They are a little on the "chatty" side with their marketing efforts but the training and facility itself is excellent.

Jim
The "Chatty" has cut back a lot this year but I think only because the are ramping up for a new onslaught of emails.

They did away with any new lifetime memberships we're you get everything free after you join. All new memberships will be initial membership fee, a yearly fee, and an additional fee per class.

If you know someone with some of the lifetime memberships still for sale, grab one or two up. You can hold on to them, and when the new system starts up, they will become more valuable and harder to find.

I have 1 extra one, but access to 10 more. I am trying to buy them as I can, because I had 8 and have sold off 7.

When the emails start up again, I hope to have sold a few more but still have at least 5 in my pocket.

I only deal with the diamond level ones, as they allow any course, any day, for the rest if your life.

One 4 day weekend shooting full auto M-16's or UZI's, makes the entire membership worth it.

Last edited by mudpupp; 03-12-2012 at 04:30 AM.

Old 04-18-2012, 03:33 PM   #7

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'm a lifetime Diamond level member as well. My sister and I just did our first class last month. There was no sales pitch that I can recall and the lecture portion of the class was great, both in content and presentation. The shooting part of the class was excellent and very focused on safety. All in all, I'm very happy that I signed up when I did, and I can't wait to go back. We only did a two day handgun class the first time. I'm hoping to find the time to do a four day handgun class or even a carbine class next time. The people we went with did the four day shotgun class the last time they were there and said it was fantastic.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:02 PM   #8

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

I would love to try them out if I had $2,000 just lying around.

Last edited by Polygon; 04-19-2012 at 09:16 PM.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:51 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon
I would love to try them out if I had $2,000 just lying around.
Doesn't cost much to try them out.
Ask me how!!

Old 10-11-2012, 05:30 AM   #10

I just got my membership and have only taken 2 classes but the training has been great so far. I have the lifetime membership as well I can get so information on memberships for people if they are interested.