Florida Training
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Florida Training

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 08:16 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Florida Training

I found these guys at the boat show.....they had a booth promoting Marine firearms training.

www.floridafirearmstraining.com

They are based in Delray, which is close to me. Anyone taken a class there?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-08-2008, 11:43 AM   #2
SUS

Im not sure who they are but I know these guys very well. They are based out of S. Florida and travel the world. www.kokorocombatives.com

Old 11-10-2008, 06:49 PM   #3

WoW Thanks.....

They look a bit to Rambo like for me. I just want to do some more advanced pistol / home defensive training. Not looking to become an operator.

Does look good though, just more than I think I want.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:05 PM   #4

Default Good Classes there

Gunman, I have taken several classes with them, including a lot of tactical pistol classes, and have learned a lot in all of them, and really enjoyed them. Great value for what you learn, go for it Man. Also, I know that they don't have all the flash and show of some of the other groups, thats because they have been there and there is no real glory in war.

If you find any others down here that are good let me know,

Glockman

Old 11-11-2008, 07:09 PM   #5

Thanks glockman, Good to know.

I think that I am going to try a class with them. Is there any way you can PM me you number so that I can talk to you about this?

Thanks

Also I have heard that Tactical Response out of Tennessee is great to, but its a long way from West Palm Beach.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:38 PM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Tactical Response travels. Look at their schedule. They may have a class near you.

Old 01-20-2009, 01:07 AM   #7

The following course is being taught by instructors from Tactical Response and is being hosted by a local guy from Shelby, NC. If you are serious about personal defense and home defense, I'm convinced this is one of the best courses available. I'm going and this will be my first course. Check it out. Shelby, NC March 23/24 2009.

<register>
Shelby, NC
Fighting Pistol Mobile
Mar 23 - 24, 2009

<register>2 days $450.00

Details:

The root word to "gunfight" isn't "gun".

It is "FIGHT"!

This is the course everyone is talking about! It is the most comprehensive 2-day handgun class in the world! This course is literally a life saver. Our Fighting Pistol course prepares you to prevail in a real world violent confrontation and many students have gone on and done just that! This intensive course covers an incredible amount of material in just two days and we have been told that it covers more than any 5 day course at the "big schools".

Topics include the role and attributes of the handgun, legal aspects of deadly force, anatomical stopping power, mental conditioning for combat, movement and communication. Live fire drills include both one- and two-handed shooting, shooting on the move, use of cover and concealment, tactical-emergency-and speed loading, using both eye level and retention techniques, at a variety of ranges and from a variety of body positions. This course is about 40% lecture on mindset, tactics, skill, and legal issues but don’t worry because you will still be shooting a minimum of 750 rounds while you are on the range!

We respectfully request that students have read "The Principles of Personal Defense" by Jeff Cooper before attending class. If possible we also recommend “Surgical Speed Shooting” by our friend Andy Stanford. These and many other items from our gear list are available at Tactical Response Gear

For more information about our classes and to read hundreds of student reviews loaded with pictures and video clips join our web forum Groupee Login . You can also see us on YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. just search for “Tactical Response”.

2 Days/$450

Equipment List:
One (1) open mind
A Fighting Pistol
Bring a lunch to the range both days
1000 rounds of quality ammo
Strongside belt holster (We do not allow Blackhawk Serpa holsters. Please read our FAQ for more information.
Eye and ear protection (muffs recommended)
Sturdy gun belt (double thickness)
Minimum of five magazines
Magazine pouch
Raingear (We shoot rain or shine)
Hat and sunblock
Knee and elbow pads (optional)
Drinking water (Camelback strongly recommended)
Bug Spray
Pen and paper

Freedom is the will to be responsible to ourselves. ~Nietzsche