Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Florida Appleseed events

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 12:32 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Florida Appleseed events

Hope this post is not out of line.

We are having a Project Appleseed event this weekend.

What is Appleseed? Two days of rifle marksmanship training and a great telling of the events of April 19, 1775, the day of the "Shot heard around the World." The day our Forefathers put every thing they had on the line to secure the Liberty and Freedoms we have today. Liberty and Freedom unique to the World.

If you can make it, come on out.

Go to www.appleseedinfo.org for more information.

Douglas

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-24-2010, 08:34 PM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Well, I'm not the boss, but it's not out of line by me. I keep missing events in my area....

9x18=Makarov

Old 07-12-2010, 12:24 AM   #3

Are these events the kind of place I'm going to have people recruiting me into a militia or get me on some kind of ATF watch-list? Yes I realize how stupid I sound but I talked with a guy who recomended them and I'm pretty sure he is on a watch list of some kind.

But really, I mean no disrespect. I'm just new to shooting and don't want to only take the word of one nut-case I know. I checked out the Ohio site and it looks like the marksmanship training I need.

Old 07-12-2010, 12:45 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I'm a member of the RVWA. Here's a link to the website: Appleseed Project Home

It's about the farthest thing from a crackpot organization you can find. Go ahead and sign up for an Appleseed Shoot in your area. You will learn basic marksmanship skills that you can build on and it's a bunch of fun.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 07-12-2010, 01:07 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Project Appleseed is about two things, and two things only.

The first is Rifle Marksmanship Training.

The second is the telling of the events of April 19, 1775, the day of "The Shot heard around the World" and of the importance of the Rifleman on that day.

If you wish to discuss any other subject at an Appleseed remotely political, please be advised that you would do well keep your opinions to yourself. You have all rights to your opinion, it's just that it is not what Appleseed is about. If you wish to discuss April 19, 1775 and the Heritage of the American Rifleman and sacrifices our Fore Fathers made to secure our Liberty, that topic will be very welcome.

We are NOT a militia training group.

We are NOT "Anti-government."

If you have any of those feelings, again, please keep them to yourself for these views will be most unwelcome.

If you want to learn how to shoot your rifle, or to shoot your rifle better, come on out. I've had people on the line who had never fired a shot before shooting in the black at the end of the weekend. Ex-Servicemen with 20 years have been humbled by that lowly AQT. We've even provided training to a National Guard unit before they left for the sandbox.

Go to the web page and find the Forum. You'll see what we are about.

Appleseed Project Home

Hope to see you on the Trail.

Douglas

PS: talk about being on a list, try having your FFL.

Old 07-12-2010, 01:46 AM   #6

i never been to there events either all though i have shot there targets and read and reread and read again and again there literature and im a rifleman, i under stand your concerns a bout that watch list but im all ready on several and its my belief that if you have bought a gun your all ready on one

let no talents go unused

Old 07-12-2010, 01:54 AM   #7

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Sounds like a good time, just a little far for me to go though.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 07-12-2010, 02:09 AM   #8

Thanks Douglas, I'm glad to hear that. Dumb question I know, but I feel better asking. I don't want politics ruining a good day at the range!

Old 07-12-2010, 02:21 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

The shoots are held all over the Country. There should be one near where anyone who's interested lives.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 07-12-2010, 05:49 AM   #10

Ocala isn't too far from me...big horse country there...huge horse ranches that put mine to shame.

Wish I could afford the time to take in an event.
I'm all about personal improvement, especially in shooting sports.
Maybe oneday...

Last edited by UnderFire; 07-12-2010 at 05:52 AM.