Firearms Safety Procedures - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Firearms Safety Procedures

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2013, 07:33 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

If you have any questions regarding the CWP class or training contact www.e2c.us or 1-866-371-6111 and the Instructors at Equip 2 Conceal will be happy to help you.

Old 11-29-2013, 01:30 AM   #22

After tossing this around at a local gun club meeting, one night, I went home and came up with the following, 'improvements' to The Four Rules:

JEFF COOPER’S FOUR RULES OF GUN SAFETY

1. The gun is ALWAYS loaded!

2. Never allow the muzzle to point at - or, even, so much as sweep across - ANYTHING you are unwilling to see destroyed!

3. Never put your finger inside the trigger guard until AFTER you have made a conscious decision to fire!

4. CLEARLY identify your target, the target's backstop, and what is beyond!

Don’t embellish these rules. They are what they are for good reasons! In order for any firearm safety rule to become truly effective it must stop being just a rule, and become a PROFOUND PERSONAL HABIT, instead.

Old 11-29-2013, 02:56 AM   #23

Liked 246 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I'll stick with the KCV ( King Cooper Version ) myself . It is better to have one set of rules and language everyone can memorize and share .

Old 11-29-2013, 10:44 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentacop View Post
I'll stick with the KCV ( King Cooper Version ) myself . It is better to have one set of rules and language everyone can memorize and share .
But that's not how things work out in the real world - Is it. The real world has numerous different versions of the basic (and usually accepted) firearms safety rules. To my mind, words are important; and it's better to actually know and understand firearm safety rather than to simply memorize, 'the rules'.

Which is it better to contemplate:

'Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target'; or,

'Never put your finger inside the trigger guard until AFTER you have made a conscious decision to fire!'

I've seen, at least, several different versions of Cooper's Four Rules. Some have been better stated than others; but the important point is to understand the, 'Why' of things.

In order to do this, a topic needs to be looked at from different points-of-view; and no rule that's always written by rote is, truly, able to accomplish that. (You're, kind 'a, a contrarian; aren't you.)

Old 11-29-2013, 12:27 PM   #25

Liked 2049 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by G21_45 View Post
But that's not how things work out in the real world - Is it. The real world has numerous different versions of the basic (and usually accepted) firearms safety rules. To my mind, words are important; and it's better to actually know and understand firearm safety rather than to simply memorize, 'the rules'.

Which is it better to contemplate:

'Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target'; or,

'Never put your finger inside the trigger guard until AFTER you have made a conscious decision to fire!'

I've seen, at least, several different versions of Cooper's Four Rules. Some have been better stated than others; but the important point is to understand the, 'Why' of things.

In order to do this, a topic needs to be looked at from different points-of-view; and no rule that's always written by rote is, truly, able to accomplish that. (You're, kind 'a, a contrarian; aren't you.)
genius is taking the complicated and making it simple.

lack of genius is fooling around with what has already been perfectly worded, because, well, you are a nit pick. explains why most nit-picks never get accused of being geniuses lol
Old 11-29-2013, 04:34 PM   #26

That's an audacious explanation of genius; and, while I doubt you'll ever have the problem, I'm curious to know, 'How' you came by it? (Perhaps a flash of inspiration somewhere beyond the mean-spirited and pedestrian way in which you write?)

Old 11-29-2013, 05:14 PM   #27
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21723 Times on 12313 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
That's an audacious explanation of genius; and, while I doubt you'll ever have the problem, I'm curious to know, 'How' you came by it? (Perhaps a flash of inspiration somewhere beyond the mean-spirited and pedestrian way in which you write?)
even children can understand the simple rules of gun safety. why go sticking larger and more difficult words in that a child may have a hard time understanding.

K.I.S.S. = Keep It Simple Stupid. IOW's, why make things more complicated than they need to be to convey the proper message.
Old 12-19-2013, 04:10 AM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 58 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Funny how the obvious needs to be put in wrighting.....

Old 12-19-2013, 07:49 AM   #29
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2970 Times on 1713 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzgrnMnM View Post
Funny how the obvious needs to be put in writing.....
And people still ignore the written word....

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-20-2013, 01:14 PM   #30

Liked 2049 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Did writing this make you feel better, or are the voices in your head still arguing about ways to get you noticed? My advice: Fog Cough!