Firearm virgin... :-\ - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Firearm virgin... :-\

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2010, 07:09 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leavingplatoscomphycave View Post
it makes me happy to hear people talking about safely classes before the purchase of a firearm. Always research your chosen firearm (make sure the right bullets go in the right gun you'd be surprised how often this happens ) always be safe and always teach your kids to be safe

for example take your kids shooting a Few times, don't let them shoot at first let them watch you and your wife shoot then when they demonstrate the necessary safety and handling skills start them out with something small (ie. .22, .223) them very slowly work your way up as they age. if you start a child off with something big and scary they will never want to shoot again.

here are some links on teaching gun saftey to kids

How to Teach Your Child Gun Safety | Field & Stream
NRA - Safety Information for Parents

good luck and have fun the world of firearms is fun but you should always be safe
This thread was originally started almost six months ago and the OP hasn't posted since last October. Looks like we'll never know what he wound up doing.....but I think this thread might be toast.