Firearm purchase requirement question - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Firearm purchase requirement question

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2012, 09:41 PM   #11
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jgoertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mandeville, LA
Posts: 485
Liked 264 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Default

If you couldn't buy a gun out of state, "Gallery of Guns" ("Guns and Ammo TV") would be out of business and a TV program. Order online, pay a deposit, and have it shipped to your favorite FFL.

__________________

May the Force be with you.
An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein
A Gun-Free-Zone is nothing more than a hunting preserve for wackos.

jgoertz is offline  
USEBOTHHANDS Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:46 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
willfully armed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Olathe,JOCO KS
Posts: 1,998
Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default

We have smart asses here.

Where the firearm is transferred to you, is considered the purchase point.

Semantics.

__________________

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

willfully armed is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:00 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
rifleman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Live Oak,California
Posts: 1,632
Liked 434 Times on 273 Posts
Likes Given: 1292

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
We need a button or icon we can click on a post that roughly equals AGHAST or CAN'TFRIKKENBELIEVE.

Go East young man! (or further west, or north, or almost any direction OUT)
im working on it if i could take the business with me i would, but when i retire i am going to leave this state for sure.
__________________

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

rifleman1 is offline  
USEBOTHHANDS Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:03 PM   #14
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jgoertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mandeville, LA
Posts: 485
Liked 264 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Default

Point taken! However the "smart asses" comment was insulting.

__________________

May the Force be with you.
An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein
A Gun-Free-Zone is nothing more than a hunting preserve for wackos.

jgoertz is offline  
USEBOTHHANDS Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:05 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoertz
Point taken! However the "smart asses" comment was insulting.
We tolerate it only because he usually speaks truth along with it. Kinda like getting a tooth pulled. Everyone hates going to the dentist, and the pulling itself is a real bitch, but it feels better afterward.
__________________
trip286 is offline  
USEBOTHHANDS Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:13 PM   #16
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jgoertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mandeville, LA
Posts: 485
Liked 264 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

We tolerate it only because he usually speaks truth along with it. Kinda like getting a tooth pulled. Everyone hates going to the dentist, and the pulling itself is a real bitch, but it feels better afterward.
Very diplomatic, thanks
__________________

May the Force be with you.
An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein
A Gun-Free-Zone is nothing more than a hunting preserve for wackos.

jgoertz is offline  
USEBOTHHANDS Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:24 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
silverado113's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Eastern,Iowa
Posts: 2,994
Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
We have smart asses here.

Where the firearm is transferred to you, is considered the purchase point.

Semantics.
Not really being a smart ass you said you could not buy a handgun out of your state the fact is you can. I can pay for a gun in FL (the purchase point) then it's shipped to my home of residence IA (the transfer point).
__________________

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.


Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

silverado113 is offline  
USEBOTHHANDS Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:36 AM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
willfully armed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Olathe,JOCO KS
Posts: 1,998
Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
Not really being a smart ass you said you could not buy a handgun out of your state the fact is you can. I can pay for a gun in FL (the purchase point) then it's shipped to my home of residence IA (the transfer point).
But, your specific ability to purchase as a licensed dealer is not what I, nor the OP had in mind.

So, using the logic from you all, technically, the Para 1911 the I got from Budsgunshop, I bought it in Kansas. I was sitting on my couch (in Kansas)paid for it, without leaving the state, without going to Kentucky.
__________________

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

willfully armed is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:09 AM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mudpupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 752
Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armed-Citizen
i live in ca by the way.
will call today and get back to everyone
Oh we'll why didn't you say you lived in Kaliforniastan.

You can't even look at guns in Commiefornia.
Unless its approved by the DOJ, you give up your first born, need a bullet to press the 5 round mag release, promise to break it into 3 pieces and put in 4 cars to take it to an approved range, were you can't shoot any bullets that contain lead or attract a magnet.
And you have taken a test asking for your Allegiance to tyranny and paid 3 extra state taxes.

Just buy whatever they say you can have this week and lock it away to you move back to a free state.

Good luck!!
__________________
mudpupp is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:50 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
silverado113's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Eastern,Iowa
Posts: 2,994
Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
But, your specific ability to purchase as a licensed dealer is not what I, nor the OP had in mind.

So, using the logic from you all, technically, the Para 1911 the I got from Budsgunshop, I bought it in Kansas. I was sitting on my couch (in Kansas)paid for it, without leaving the state, without going to Kentucky.
I was using the example as a consumer. My FFL license is in my company's name so I have to actually do a 4473 when I buy a gun. The point of purchase is the place where the product is and you provide payment on that product which is the point I was trying to make. There was no intention of being a smartass.
__________________

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.


Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.


Last edited by silverado113; 09-29-2012 at 04:58 PM.
silverado113 is offline  
USEBOTHHANDS Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
National Service as a citizenship requirement Vincine Politics, Religion and Controversy 228 10-07-2012 07:34 PM
FOID Card Requirement Armadiloroadkil Illinois Gun Forum 11 09-18-2012 01:42 AM
Firearm safe question Poink88 The Club House 11 08-29-2011 12:00 AM
Firearm identity question please? Petel Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion 5 03-10-2011 02:32 PM
Firearm purchase math...doesn't add up (vs. budget) Poink88 The Club House 3 02-28-2011 09:49 PM