Federal Gov't Pistol Qualification - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Federal Gov't Pistol Qualification

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 09:22 AM   #41
WDB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I think the test is truly fair, I don't want a Mayberry Barney working for ICE. Hit what you aim at or don't carry a firearm in your profesion. Robo made a clear case for the reason of training and qualification. Makes me sad to believe "it's a federal job" so they cant fire me for not meeting the firearm expectation. Next will come they can't fire me because I don't meet the physical requirements. In the end we have out of shape and can't hit the broad side of the barn working federal jobs. Dam Looks like it is already here. ICE should be loaded with former military and LEO's. It's not a parking meter position is is a matter of national security.

Hire and keep the best, expect high standards to provide max results. Anything else is a waste of tax payers money. It IS THAT SIMPLE

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 10-14-2009, 03:26 PM   #42

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Old 11-15-2009, 04:43 PM   #43

Liked 250 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Update :
One contract guard company recently discovered that the sights on their Glock 17s were off by varying amounts. They readjusted the sights.
When asked if this might be the reason so many guards failed the ICE Course Qualification, an instructor conceded that it could have had something to do with it.

Rentacop

“It has often been said there are no rules in a gun fight. Not true! The first rule of gun fighting is ‘have a gun’. -Ed Head of Gunsite-

Old 11-15-2009, 06:19 PM   #44

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Why Won't this Thread Die!!

threadwontdie_mbe.jpg

lame_mbe.jpg

People get the government they deserve.

Old 11-16-2009, 02:43 PM   #45

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

I am thinking HEAD SHOT may take it down dunner.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:29 AM   #46

I am actually a Security professional myself. I had to qualify on this course, and it is not hard at all.

My company is a GSA contract company, so if we are armed, we must qualify. The company doesn't pay for qualifications or weapons. I paid all costs on my own to further my opportunities within the company. While other guys get butthurt and bitch about the pay, the schedules, or whatever else they can bitch about, I bust my ass to do what needs to be done.

I would prefer to be working with people who have qualified, rather than a bunch of yahoos that don't really know squat about how and when to use a firearm. There is a level of ability that goes into it, and a level of responsibility that goes into it.

Also, a majority of us with my company are former LE or military. We are the only ones who actually go out of our way to take at least two range days a month to keep our skills sharp and keep our firearms clean and functional. The others who have no weapons experience won't even take the time to learn. And I would rather keep it that way instead of being at risk.

Old 06-19-2012, 06:55 AM   #47
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9543 Times on 4105 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

Ghost- you are replying to a thread from 2009.

Normally our long established policies require you to buy the thread a birthday cake.

In this case, it appears to be more of a zombie. How ya fixed for zombie slaying?

zombie-bicycle.jpg

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 07-02-2012, 07:55 AM   #48

one of my friends has one of the jobs formerly held by an illegal immigrant

Old 02-10-2013, 06:43 AM   #49

Liked 250 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Update :
They made the ICE Course easier . Now, the 25 yard stage is shot at 15 yards instead . Unless you get disqualified for one of many reasons, it is like a fantasy carnival where everybody wins a stuffed animal .

Visit www.ruger.com to speak out against " gun control " .

Old 02-10-2013, 06:52 AM   #50

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

My son is the ICE agent you see on FOX news. Like many of the agents he was a career USMC. I can assure you these agents get proper training and they shoot up a lot of rounds each year.
Thx to Robo Cop for adding some sanity to this idiot thread.

Closed Thread