FBI Uses Chainsaw In Raid On Wrong Fitchburg Apartment - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > FBI Uses Chainsaw In Raid On Wrong Fitchburg Apartment

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2012, 03:41 PM   #51
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Wasn't Rodney King attempting to evade police in excess of 100 mph through a residential area?
Doesn't matter; all the officers are supposed to do is restrain and deliver the human garbage and possible human garbage to the jail for sorting by the judicial types.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 02-05-2012, 05:28 PM   #52
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9516 Times on 4094 Posts
Likes Given: 1497

Dad- Really, seeking legal advice from me is like seeking diet advice from Roseanne. Probably not a wise move....

LEGAL is defined by the law where YOU are- as I understand the law HERE- in a public space, where you have a right to be, where there is NOT a valid security concern, it is not against the law to film, record, yada yada.

At the same time- trying to get so close that it interferes with a LEO, EMT, firefighter, etc- it ain't the taping that is the issue- it is your proximity. Likewise shining a camera light in the face of the persons, wanting to tape while standing in the pool of spilled gasoline etc.

As far as Rodney goes, dashcam or privately owned cam- if it has recorded misconduct, THAT is the concern- not who owns it. However, same event from different locations can appear different. And simply being seriously pissed at the guy you arrested does not give you carte blanche to smack the snot outa him.

And no, 'Gello- Pink Palace.

Char- You are going to have different LEOs, different levels of training, experience, and understanding of what their job is. Places like Baltimore seem to accumulate twits.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 02-05-2012, 05:45 PM   #53

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

Doesn't matter; all the officers are supposed to do is restrain and deliver the human garbage and possible human garbage to the jail for sorting by the judicial types.
I may have led some to the wrong conclusion on what I think about ole roddy.

I don't think he deserved the beat down that he got, and I definitely think the cops were in the wrong there.

I just don't like how he is so often painted as a saint of the civil rights movement. It may have been a civil rights issue EVENTUALLY, after facts came to light later and it was a black man getting the hell beat out of him by white cops, but he was anything but a saint. He screwed up, made a mistake, or was just an outright criminal, I don't know all of his history so I couldn't say for sure.

I just don't think that his episode is a definitive case of cops gone wild, and I don't think King deserves the accolades that he is given all the time.

And I am glad that the assault was recorded and everything was brought to light.

I also, like many here, think it's BS that anyone would claim that recording what happens in public is illegal.

Old 02-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #54
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
He screwed up, made a mistake, or was just an outright criminal, I don't know all of his history so I couldn't say for sure.
I think his subsequent legal problems proved him to be a dumbass in general. Even a complete dumbass can have his civil rights violated, unfortunately.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 04-24-2012, 03:53 AM   #55

Liked 250 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 15

The media showed a small snippet of the Rodney King Video over and over. Careful review of the whole tape convinced a jury that the force used was justified. Getting around the "Double Jeopardy" prohibition, the cops were tried and convicted in a second ( federal civil rights ) trial .

Another case of media telling half a story and a Lynch Mob mentality involved the killing of Amadou Diallo : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amadou_Diallo

Old 04-24-2012, 04:00 AM   #56
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

All I can say about this is welcome to Massachusetts. This was apparently right down the road from me.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 06-04-2012, 03:57 PM   #57

Liked 55 Times on 52 Posts

Way to go Feds. A 2 year investigation and you chainsaw the wrong door.... Someone needs to get fired.

Old 06-04-2012, 04:29 PM   #58

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm14
Wonder if this is the kind of saw they used?

http://www.fire-end.com/k12saw.htm#K-12 Rescue

Firemen and other agencies claim the K-12 is "the key to the city."
It is and it's much quicker. I was on the fire dep for 3 years. We called it a hot saw. You can cut a man sized hole in a garage door as fast as you can move your hands in that shape. there is no resistance at all. It really is like a hot knife through butter. That's why we call it a hot saw

Old 06-04-2012, 06:33 PM   #59

Liked 5005 Times on 2428 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belltactical View Post
The rationale is that it's a psychological advantage. When you kick in the door, you want to look scary. The thinking is that this provides an advantage in the takedown. I could be wrong but I believe it goes back to LAPD SWAT when they re-vamped their pp&w back in the early 80's withe the loving advice and assistance from the FBI HRT.
I suppose that might work if the guy behind the door is A. Guilty of something, and B, has been through this before. HOWEVER, if the ass clowns get my door by mistake theres a very good chance of some tragic and unnecessary death to both me and them!

On the other hand, I would not knowingly shoot at LEO's simply for getting the wrong house. Doors can be replaced. I just think this manner of serving warrents provides far too much danger to Cops and the public.

Panicked home owners with quick acres to weapons "like me" will fire if threatened and wind up dead because Dudly EFFING Do-Right cant read an address? This is Bull **** and unfortunately LEO's will have to die before anyone pulls their head out of thier asses.

Tack

Old 06-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #60

Liked 1652 Times on 986 Posts
Likes Given: 361

If someone wearing a hood starts a chainsaw on my front porch, there is going to be some shooting going on. I wouldn't figure I had time to introduce my self and shake hands all around.

Later, when I was knocking on Saint Peter's door, the fist thing out of my mouth would be, "What the hell was that all about?" (I would like to think that there would be a line at the time.)

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Last edited by Chainfire; 06-04-2012 at 10:57 PM.