Faster is better. - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Faster is better.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2014, 10:19 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 388 Times on 224 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by uanda View Post
You often do not even need to fire in order to run off an attacker(much less actually hit him with a bullet). Misses suffice, quite often as do poor hits, even with a "mere" .22lr.. The NRA Armed Citizen column is proof of my statement. So is Cirillo's gunfighting book. You can't shoot or intimidate anyone with a gun that you do not yet have pointed at them (and noticed, for the intimidation part) Fast draw practice has no monetary cost, can be done in your bedroom at any time. Given a laserlyte training device, or airsoft "gun" practice can help a lot with your accuracy, too. So do laser sights.

You can get an electronic shooting timer for very cheap these days. It's an "app" on your smart phone, $5 or less with most makers of phones. There is no excuse for being slow with your ccw draw.

Be careful to not ALWAYS fire as you draw. Always be READY to fire,yes, but do not make the actual killing-stroke a relex! The guy might surrender or flee, and you'll get videotaped killing him as he does so! You may have been mistaken about the level of the threat that you (originally) thought that you perceived. You CAN train yourself to the point that you draw if a car backfires as it drives by you, so beware of overdoing it.
Well, at least you are good for a laugh. Do yourself, and anyone within a mile of you, a favor and take some pistol courses at your local range. With an attitude like yours though they probably won't let you in the door. You're dangerous bud, and I don't mean that in a cool James bond way. I mean your way of thinking and acting with firearms is completely wrong and likely to get yourself or someone else hurt. Stick to video games.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:38 AM   #42

Liked 65 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Like Little Bill said in Unforgiven, being quick with a pistol don't do much harm, but it don't mean much against a fella that's cool headed.

I know I try to avoid a fair fight if I can help, but sometimes it can't be avoided. I don't rely on fast hands to do the job, I rely on a cool head. I stare my opponent down, letting him see the confidence in my eyes. And each time, his shot goes wild and this dog lives to bark another day.

Woof Woof Dirtbag!!!

MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 07-22-2014, 02:48 AM   #43
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21582 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild_Dog View Post
Like Little Bill said in Unforgiven, being quick with a pistol don't do much harm, but it don't mean much against a fella that's cool headed.

I know I try to avoid a fair fight if I can help, but sometimes it can't be avoided. I don't rely on fast hands to do the job, I rely on a cool head. I stare my opponent down, letting him see the confidence in my eyes. And each time, his shot goes wild and this dog lives to bark another day.
just how many gun fights have you been in?

what pistol do you normally conceal carry ?

and why is it, that you are an unarmed mall security guard rather than a law enforcement officer?
Old 07-22-2014, 03:14 AM   #44
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 1207 Times on 823 Posts
Likes Given: 161

Default Faster is better.

House cleaning performed, if you can not be beneficial to the topic, keep it moving, we will not spend all our time cleaning up bickering mess.

Please keep it on topic and beneficial to the community, or this thread will also be closed

Old 07-22-2014, 03:18 AM   #45
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21582 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i do believe when certain people start posting on threads, there are mandatory items one needs!

one item is needed to slog through, what the other one is metering!

and back to our regularly scheduled programming!

File Type: jpg waders.jpg (12.4 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg BS meter.jpg (12.6 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by Axxe55; 07-22-2014 at 03:24 AM.
People Like This 
Old 07-22-2014, 03:47 AM   #46
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7141 Times on 3910 Posts
Likes Given: 14451

Oh yeah? Well then...
ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1406000855.263856.jpg

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

People Like This