Eye glasses, safety glasses. and hearing protection - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Eye glasses, safety glasses. and hearing protection

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2009, 01:18 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitcheyfinger View Post
Thanks to all for the informative replies. Kdog, I think that I will give your suggestion a try since the price sound reasonable.
Just keep an eye out.
They sold me a wrong Rx insert, that couldn`t be clipped onto the safety frame correctly. After a complain at peltor (3M) I received two Rx inserts, that fit perfectly.

Just wantto say, have the optomotrist show you, how to clip in the Rx frame. If it dosn`t fit snug on the frame, complain about it.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:24 AM   #12

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Welcome, Twitchey,
I highly recommend wrap-around glasses, as I've been the recipient of a couple of bullet fragments which made it back to the firing line, and either one of them was more than capable of wrecking an eyeball. The one in my chin was just smaller than my fingernail, and the one in my neck was smaller. Whatever the reason, hot, heavy slivers of metal are absolutely capable of making it into your body, so protect yourself.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:43 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorknoids View Post
Welcome, Twitchey,
I highly recommend wrap-around glasses, as I've been the recipient of a couple of bullet fragments which made it back to the firing line, and either one of them was more than capable of wrecking an eyeball. The one in my chin was just smaller than my fingernail, and the one in my neck was smaller. Whatever the reason, hot, heavy slivers of metal are absolutely capable of making it into your body, so protect yourself.
I had a Ma Deuce KB on me. My Oakley Fives saved both of my eyes. I became a firm believer in wearing eye protection while shooting that day.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:27 PM   #14

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Matt, you are lucky to be alive. You can't get worse than having a .50 KB on you (unless you get creative).

Old 05-27-2009, 09:34 PM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9919 Times on 4270 Posts
Likes Given: 1563

FWIW, run a google search for OTS safety glasses. OTS is the abbreviation for "Over the Specs"- safety glasses with side shields that fit over your regular glasses.

As far as the temple bar breaking the seal of muffs- my muffs have a seal soft enough to conform very well over my safety glasses. For VERY loud weapons, I do use plugs and muffs- but that is because I have seen the results of my audiograms, and I'm getting too old to learn sign language.

BTW, a 150 dB hammer drill? Good LORD! John Henry Rock drill is not quite THAT bad! Get some distance between you and that thing if you can! Even with good plugs and good muffs, you can only get about 38-39 dB attenutation- it will run you over the limit in a very few minutes.

Old 05-30-2009, 04:28 AM   #16

Hearing Protection ABCsafetyglasses.com offers a full range of hearing protection ... First Aid - Eye Care Products, First Aid - Fire Blankets and Stretchers .... Hearing Protection - ABC Safety Glasses. ABCsafetyglasses.com offers a ..
__________________________________________________ ________________________________
List Management Software
Acai Berry Juice Berries Cleanse Scam What Causes Adult Autism Therapy

Old 05-30-2009, 05:13 AM   #17

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
I had a Ma Deuce KB on me. My Oakley Fives saved both of my eyes. I became a firm believer in wearing eye protection while shooting that day.
I used my .50 cal certification as substantiation for my CC permit. Headspace, timing......