Empty Magazine Retention? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Empty Magazine Retention?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2010, 09:02 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
Reload with retention, after practice, is barely slower.

Fresh magazine between thumb and pointer finger. Drop empty into palm, insert fresh mag. Stow empty in back pocket with weak hand.

Keeps a loaded gun at all times. Keeps the weapon in strong hand, ready to fire. Back pockets are much easier to utilize.

I have finished IDPA stages one handed in the time it takes to stow and return weak hand to the gun.

Indeed, very good tactical clear/reload mag skills.

This will work too, and I have used the same version bag with success for quick mag dump and reload.

Spec Ops Dump Pouch

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 02-09-2010, 08:14 PM   #12

Liked 246 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 12

It sounds as if you guys want to learn two procedures and remember which to use when the SHTF and your fine motor skills deteriorate.

No thanks ! I'll stick with the standard combat reload. If I win, I'll be sure to police up all of my empty magazines.

What's next, after the dump pouch ? A brass catcher in case you are in a SHTF situation in which society has broken down and you must reload your own ammo ?

Old 02-10-2010, 01:47 AM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentacop View Post
It sounds as if you guys want to learn two procedures and remember which to use when the SHTF and your fine motor skills deteriorate.

No thanks ! I'll stick with the standard combat reload. If I win, I'll be sure to police up all of my empty magazines.

What's next, after the dump pouch ? A brass catcher in case you are in a SHTF situation in which society has broken down and you must reload your own ammo ?
Again, wouldn't retain in the middle of a fight, but time and opportunity hang on to 'em.

IMO you should learn two procedures, retention for Tac reload, drop it on the deck for combat/ speed reload. Its still a thinking man's world, even with the adrenaline dump and loss of fine motor skills.

How long does the average gunfight take? As long as it takes. How many rounds will you need? One more.