Elite Team Fighter - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Elite Team Fighter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2008, 08:13 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockfire View Post
3 Point sling my friends, drop to the chest, unholster pistol, takes just as long as setting your rifle against something.

And i fully believe that if he was in fact MIL, he was obviously a jealous Pogue or REMF.
He's not any of that. While he's not lying about what he's not, he's certainly not offering up what he is, either. I'm drawing the conclusion he's a white supremacist. On his profile, he's got "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich" listed in his books section. Not that reading the book would automatically trigger a label, but the anonymity combined with the wanna-be special forces get up sure does raise some flags.

...and I'm totally with you on the 3-Point sling, only I can do that a LOT faster than "setting it against something".

Old 06-05-2008, 04:20 PM   #12

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
I'm drawing the conclusion he's a white supremacist. On his profile, he's got "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich" listed in his books section. Not that reading the book would automatically trigger a label, but the anonymity combined with the wanna-be special forces get up sure does raise some flags.
'shok - You seem to have the most interaction with him date. Do you know where he is from? The state at least? I think your observation may tie in with what I have gleamed from his writings and that video. I haven't read Rise, so I can't say one way or the other on that, but I still suspect the guy is well read.

A scary thought is that these mall ninjas ( which was a great term who ever offered that up earlier - coltm4? ) could actually be "allies" should a real SHTF situation occur.

JD

Old 06-05-2008, 04:52 PM   #13

dillinger, i understand what you were saying about the historical significance regarding the non-use of a sling. just like you said, i think this guy is well read. i read another book written by the author of Bravo-Two-Zero. i forget the guys name but he was in the British SAS and he talks about the practice of not using a sling on their heavy FN FALs.
if this guy is a white supremacist then maybe it's good he's not well trained. you don't have to be former mil or LE to be proficient. you just have to have the ability to separate the BS from reality. even in the mil and in law enforcement you hear a lot of BS from so-called experts. it's everywhere you go. some the best gunfighters in this country are products of competition shooting.

Old 06-05-2008, 05:05 PM   #14

just needed to add somthing. check out what EliteTeamfighterRoxx posted on youtube. it's a spoof on the "real" elite team fighter. LOL

Old 06-05-2008, 06:13 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltm4 View Post
dillinger, i understand what you were saying about the historical significance regarding the non-use of a sling. just like you said, i think this guy is well read. i read another book written by the author of Bravo-Two-Zero. i forget the guys name but he was in the British SAS and he talks about the practice of not using a sling on their heavy FN FALs.
Agreed. The blokes name is Andy McNabb, though that is not his real name. Real bad @ss from the throw back era of the hard nosed SAS. Bravo Two Zero was a serious gut check situation and he passed with flying colors. I think the book you are talking about is Immediate Action, which was his other best seller. I enjoyed that one too, but I thought Bravo Two Zero was better only because of the mental anguish that went along with it.

JD

Old 06-05-2008, 07:11 PM   #16

Dillinger: If you are interested you may enjoy the book written by a comrade of McNabb who was also on the Bravo Two Zero mission, gives another prospective which was made into a TV documentry/film, 'The One that Got Away', by Chris Ryan..

Ryan was the only one to make it back after a grueling march at night and several contacts with Iraqi units..

Chris Ryan was at one time I think the technical advisor for the TV SAS series (the first series) of the Ulitimate Warrior (not sure if it's been on US TV)....

Old 06-05-2008, 09:14 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltm4 View Post
just needed to add somthing. check out what EliteTeamfighterRoxx posted on youtube. it's a spoof on the "real" elite team fighter. LOL
There's another guy who made a spoof... look in the "Favorites" of EliteTeamFighter.

Old 06-06-2008, 01:21 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Dillinger: If you are interested you may enjoy the book written by a comrade of McNabb who was also on the Bravo Two Zero mission, gives another prospective which was made into a TV documentry/film, 'The One that Got Away', by Chris Ryan..

Ryan was the only one to make it back after a grueling march at night and several contacts with Iraqi units..

Chris Ryan was at one time I think the technical advisor for the TV SAS series (the first series) of the Ulitimate Warrior (not sure if it's been on US TV)....
Thanks Boris, I have heard of him but haven't picked his book up as of yet. I know that poor bastard had to march for days in freezing temps at night, across hundreds of clicks to get to a safe zone. I believe, if I remember correctly from the story, he was one of 4 or 5 and two of them just got lost in a sandstorm and were never seen again.

I might pick that up as I am nearing the end of my current true crime novel and in need of another good read before bedtime.

Many Thanks!

JD

Old 06-06-2008, 04:23 AM   #19

I could only stand to watch the first video. I think he's read a lot of back issues of SOF magazine. His safety reminders are great, but other than that, well, I think he's a tool. As mentioned above, starved for attention. Put the rifle down because it jambs? I'll take that challenge. There's a lot of ways to transition to a sidearm even without a sling but the "put it down and pick it up when you're done" method? Not that I am an expert either, but I wouldn't advocate putting any of my weapons on the ground, jambed or not. He's a tool.

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

Old 06-06-2008, 05:04 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
'shok - You seem to have the most interaction with him date. Do you know where he is from? The state at least? I think your observation may tie in with what I have gleamed from his writings and that video. I haven't read Rise, so I can't say one way or the other on that, but I still suspect the guy is well read.

A scary thought is that these mall ninjas ( which was a great term who ever offered that up earlier - coltm4? ) could actually be "allies" should a real SHTF situation occur.

JD
I don't know where he's from. He offered to give me his identity what "guarantees" that I wouldn't divulge it. I told him I wasn't legally bound to keep his identity a secret, but I gave him my word. He told me he thinks with that declaration I was being a "wolf in sheeps clothing."

I just sent him back a pretty long post on YouTube basically saying I wasn't after WHO he is, but WHAT he is and why he's doing what he's doing. I don't really care WHO he is, but I'm in the tactical training industry, and I'm pretty protective of the professionalism we must maintain. I also value our 2nd ammendment rights. I believe his videos are damaging to both.

He's keeping the YouTube dialog going, and I'm glad.

Oh yeah, and the term "mall ninja" was coined after a guy got on the forums named "Gecko45"... who admitted to being a mall security guard, but kept claiming he was part of an elite response unit with sniper rifles, SMGs, etc...