Elite Team Fighter
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Elite Team Fighter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2008, 04:30 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Elite Team Fighter

Anybody every hear of this guy???

http://www.youtube.com/EliteTeamFighter

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-04-2008, 05:37 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I have never heard of him, but I would guess, based on his actions and terminology, that he has had some training. I highly doubt it was Elite Team Status ( I.E. SEALs, Delta, Marine Recon ) and I highly doubt he spent much, if any, time overseas in real combat operations.

The first real pioneers of not slinging your rifle, that I know of, was the British Spec Ops back in the very early days when there was the SAS and the SBS ( Special Air or Special Boat Service ) and they were kicking @ss all over the globe. Their motto was if you were going to carry a weapon, you were to CARRY that weapon until such time that weapon was no good.

I imagine the guy has some useful info for people who haven't served any time and are looking for someone to emulate. At least he seems to be fairly safe with his firearm handling purposes, from what little I saw of them, so on the plus side he isn't out there showing people how to shoot sidearm style out of a moving car window.

That said, his shotgun is too long in the barrel and I do not believe that stock fits him correctly. Just my $0.02

JD

Old 06-04-2008, 05:46 PM   #3

...another 'One Book Expert!'............

Old 06-04-2008, 06:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
...another 'One Book Expert!'............
I suppose we could send him an e-mail with "DD-214 or STFU" in it.

JD

Old 06-05-2008, 12:41 AM   #5

I just watched one of the videos. i agree, at least he's handling his weapons safely. i'm the furthest thing from being an expert but i have had a little bit of training and experience. that comment about the sling is BS. yes i know about the SAS but that was a long time ago (1970s). the practice of not using a sling is antiquated. ask this mall ninja (refering to the video) what he's going to do with his rifle when he has to carry his wounded buddy to the medevac chopper. what about when he has to flex cuff the HVT after clearing the room? this doesn't sound high speed or anything but what does this guy do on the chow line? i suppose he places his rifle in the sand for the 1st sergeant to find.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:33 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
I suppose we could send him an e-mail with "DD-214 or STFU" in it.

JD
I've already had some YouTube dialog with the guy...

He doesn't lie about his experience, or lack thereof, but I still haven't gotten his motives out of him. He doesn't give any kind of background in tactical training, he just goes on about how he knows he's right, and guarantees any reputable instructor will back most, if not all, of what he's saying.

There's a 14-page thread on the militaryphotos.net forums just absolutely bashing the guy... and I can see why.

I'm not really getting anywhere with the YouTube exchange, because it's so easy to only respond to selective aspects of each message, and there's no quoting. I invited him to continue the chat with me via email, so we'll see what happens.

Old 06-05-2008, 02:02 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltm4 View Post
I just watched one of the videos. i agree, at least he's handling his weapons safely. i'm the furthest thing from being an expert but i have had a little bit of training and experience. that comment about the sling is BS. yes i know about the SAS but that was a long time ago (1970s). the practice of not using a sling is antiquated. ask this mall ninja (refering to the video) what he's going to do with his rifle when he has to carry his wounded buddy to the medevac chopper. what about when he has to flex cuff the HVT after clearing the room? this doesn't sound high speed or anything but what does this guy do on the chow line? i suppose he places his rifle in the sand for the 1st sergeant to find.
coltm4, I would completely agree with you. Clearly the process of carrying your rifle is not really an up to date practice, especially given the battle field of today, I was just trying to draw parallel to where it might have been relevant. Your comment about the chow line is classic, I would love to get a live feed with that guy and ask him about that practice, that would be priceless internet history.

I was merely pointing out that, while he obviously isn't Spec Ops, he at least isn't out there performing a bunch of combat rolls with face paint on, claiming to be Richard Marcinko.

The guy is obviously starved for attention, and I would suspect he is fairly well read, from suburbia, and has never seen a combat zone that didn't involve a prepaid credit card at the local internet cafe', or a home gaming system with a DSL connection.

It's still a free country. At least for a few more months...

JD

Last edited by Dillinger; 06-05-2008 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Verbage

Old 06-05-2008, 02:32 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
I was merely pointing out that, while he obviously isn't Spec Ops, he at least isn't out there performing a bunch of combat rolls with face paint on, claiming to be Richard Marcinko.
You mean there really are people who do that!?

LOL... he's only got 8 videos up so far, and I could see some like that coming up in the not-so-distant future.

As articulate as the guy seems to be, I'm seriously considering this might be a big spoof.

Old 06-05-2008, 04:22 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
You mean there really are people who do that!?
No. I was wrong. I apologize to the forum for misleading them.

Quote:
LOL... he's only got 8 videos up so far, and I could see some like that coming up in the not-so-distant future.

As articulate as the guy seems to be, I'm seriously considering this might be a big spoof.
NO, the guy is well read. He has, at least, studied the art of firearms and the safe handling procedures behind them. This guy isn't just someone who watched too many movies, but it is someone who has had some training and honestly believes he is providing a service to the the "Tacticool" and layman community.

Whether or not this guy believes what he is selling, that is a whole 'nother story....

JD

Old 06-05-2008, 05:55 AM   #10

3 Point sling my friends, drop to the chest, unholster pistol, takes just as long as setting your rifle against something.

And i fully believe that if he was in fact MIL, he was obviously a jealous Pogue or REMF.

MESA TACTICAL REVIEW

Last edited by glockfire; 06-05-2008 at 05:58 AM.