Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Drill Sergeant Joe B. Fricks Rules For A Gunfight

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2009, 06:47 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default Drill Sergeant Joe B. Fricks Rules For A Gunfight

I just recived this email and want to share with all the forum member, maybe is alredy posted but here is:

My memories of BCT at Ft. Benning | Drill Sgt (E-7) Joe B. Frick

Know variations of this have been posted before, but I figure this is important for two reasons:

1. Many criminals may be emboldened for recent election results.

2. We all need a "lighten up" a tad.

DRILL SERGEANT JOE B. FRICK'S RULES FOR A GUN, KNIFE, BASEBALL BAT OR FIST FIGHT

1. Forget about knives, bats and fists. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your friends who have guns. Bring four times the ammunition you think you could ever need.

2. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammunition is cheap - life is expensive. If you shoot inside, buckshot is your friend. A new wall is cheap - funerals are expensive

3. Only hits count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.

4. If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough or using cover correctly.

5. Move away from your attacker and go to cover. Distance is your friend. (Bulletproof cover and diagonal or lateral movement are preferred.)

6. If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a semi or full-automatic long gun and a friend with a long gun.

7. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.

8. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating, reloading, and running. Yell "Fire!" Why "Fire"? Cops will come with the Fire Department, sirens often scare off the bad guys, or at least cause then to lose concentration and will.... and who is going to summon help if you yell "Intruder," "Glock" or "Winchester?"

9. Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting standards will be more dependent on "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the gun.

10. Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

11. Always cheat, always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.

12. Have a plan.

13. Have a back-up plan, because the first one won't work. "No battle plan ever survives 10 seconds past first contact with an enemy."

14. Use cover or concealment as much as possible, but remember, sheetrock walls and the like stop nothing but your pulse when bullets tear through them.

15. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.

16. Don't drop your guard.

17. Always tactical load and threat scan 360 degrees. Practice reloading one-handed and off-hand shooting. That's how you live if hit in your "good" side.

18. Watch their hands. Hands kill. Smiles, frowns and other facial expressions don't (In God we trust. Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them.)

19. Decide NOW to always be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.

20. The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.

21. Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet if necessary, because they may want to kill you.

22. Be courteous to everyone, overly friendly to no one.

23. Your number one option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

24. Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun, the caliber of which does not start with anything smaller than "4".

25. Use a gun that works EVERY TIME. "All skill is in vain when an Angel blows the powder from the flintlock of your musket." At a practice session, throw you gun into the mud, then make sure it still works. You can clean it later.

26. Practice shooting in the dark, with someone shouting at you, when out of breath, etc.

27. Redardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperatire.

28. The only thing you EVER say afterwards is, "He said he was going to kill me. I beleived him. I'm sorry, Officer, but I'm very upset now. I can't say anything more. Please speak with my attorney."

Finally, Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.

1: Never be unarmed.

2: If you have your hands, your feet, your mind and your Spirit as an American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Marine or Coastie, you are never unarmed.
“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-02-2009, 06:56 PM   #2

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

A very wise man!

My favorite #s: 2, 4, 10, 17, 18, 24, AND 28!

BUT practice them all!

Thanks El.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 03-03-2009, 12:53 AM   #3

In china fire arm is hard to get (unless you in the military or up high with the local mafia). So most citizen here use a Machete.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:39 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I loved it before and still do!!

Old 03-04-2009, 01:21 AM   #5

Liked 222 Times on 155 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Gestapo Hunter-
I prefer to imagine the Chinese using throwing stars and other exotic stuff. Now you've gone and erased my fantasies ! ( LOL)

You may be interested to know that the Machete is a favorite in rural Mexico too. When two drunks get into a machete fight, the alcohol masks the pain and ears and noses fly loose .

You may be able to make home-made guns . In the Phillipines, they make a crude single-barrel shotgun . Americans made zip guns until we became a rich (?) country and could afford good guns . If you cut an old car radio antenna, one section will fit a
.22 cal. round . There's your barrel . You can cut up one rifle barrel to make several pistol barrels . ( for info purposes only-consult local laws-not responsible for injuries-for entertainment only-don't try this at home ) .

Old 03-05-2009, 05:06 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmelEduardo View Post
3. Only hits count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.

4. If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough or using cover correctly.

10. Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

11. Always cheat, always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.

19. Decide NOW to always be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.

20. The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.

21. Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet if necessary, because they may want to kill you.

23. Your number one option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
The whole thing is great, but here are my favorites...especially #19.

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Old 03-12-2009, 02:04 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gestapo Hunter View Post
In china fire arm is hard to get (unless you in the military or up high with the local mafia). So most citizen here use a Machete.
We dont live in china - but it's getting that way here too...... and when it does I''ll become a terrorist with a cause...not like them p***** in Iraq - Afganistan......

Old 03-12-2009, 02:54 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8387 Times on 3629 Posts
Likes Given: 1291

And would humbly offer a #29-

"If you find you are in a fair fight, your planning sucked."