Doubts about weapon ownership - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Doubts about weapon ownership

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2011, 03:52 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakarovJAC View Post
Actually, I though c3 summed it up well. Sure it bothers you, IMO, makes you feel guilty about the idea of owning one. But in the end, as c3 said it shoul be something I should keep in mind (for myself) in the final decision.

Anyways, I'll try the test. Then, if getting green lights, I go for the manipulation training.
If the thought of owning a weapon makes you feel guilty because of what others say, you don't need a gun. Why? Because it you feel guilty about owning it, what happens when the SHTF and you have to USE it? Will you be able? Will you be able to cope with the aftermath? These are questions you need to ask yourself.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 – 2005

Old 07-09-2011, 04:01 PM   #22
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7179 Times on 4321 Posts
Likes Given: 8761

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadeuce View Post
If the thought of owning a weapon makes you feel guilty because of what others say, you don't need a gun. Why? Because it you feel guilty about owning it, what happens when the SHTF and you have to USE it? Will you be able? Will you be able to cope with the aftermath? These are questions you need to ask yourself.
Well, let me say I own a gun and I don't feel guilty about it. I don't carry and I'm not sure I could kill another human being. But that doesn't mean I don't enjoy owning a gun, target shooting and knowing it's here in my house for me. I say now I don't know if I could ever kill another human being but I suspect my feelings might change quickly in certain situations that I hope I am never in.

Old 07-09-2011, 08:39 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Well, let me say I own a gun and I don't feel guilty about it. I don't carry and I'm not sure I could kill another human being. But that doesn't mean I don't enjoy owning a gun, target shooting and knowing it's here in my house for me. I say now I don't know if I could ever kill another human being but I suspect my feelings might change quickly in certain situations that I hope I am never in.
I understand Winds, I hope none of us ever have to make that decision. However, if you carry, it is a decision you need to make BEFORE the situation presents itself. You don't have to carry to enjoy guns. Hell, you don't have to own a gun to enjoy them. I was just saying that gun ownership is a great responsibility and you should take it seriously irrespective of other people's thoughts and opinions.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 – 2005

Old 07-10-2011, 03:39 PM   #24

Liked 2514 Times on 1433 Posts
Likes Given: 1962

Quote:
Meh, I bet they did buy their sanity with money, whores, and goverment positions.
They bought their election. Whores and all the other goodies are given

to them by special interests.

Old 07-10-2011, 05:15 PM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well, I was thinking in sport target shooting and maybe someday be part of national olimpic team. Problem is that most people around you thinks you're going to suddenly go mad and start killing everything on sight. Personally, I wouln't give a junk because I don't hate anyone enough to shoot them in the face. But well, imagine an annoying fly buzzling on your hear everytime you talk, or hold a gun. That's pretty much a "get a life" situation.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:34 PM   #26

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Don't feel bad, there are people in this country who'd like to see everyone but the military disarmed, including the police, not to mention legally armed citizens.

I'd hate to think I was such a jerk to everyone I came into contact with (or so paranoid) that I seriously worried that everyone who owned a gun was going to snap and kill me. I suppose that's the anti-gunner's mindset. I've never been able to come up with any other explanation from asking the anti-gunners I know or met why they were afraid of law abiding people owning guns.

Some others don't mind law abiding people owning guns for hunting, target shooting or just to collect them, (and may own some themselves) but they don't carry one and see no good reason for anyone else to except the police. I guess they've been brainwashed to the point that they actually believe that all anyone has to do is call 9-1-1 and that the police will protect them. It is extremely difficult to convince them that, the police are not able to protect individual citizens and are not legally required to, but only to protect society as a whole.

Old 12-31-2013, 05:03 AM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 179 Times on 103 Posts
Likes Given: 304

Default ha ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Do not know you, never met you, not able to form a judgement of you. I HAVE known people that should not be allowed around pointy sticks. In VERY general terms- if a person cannot- or does not- conduct themselves as a responsible grownup, they should leave dangerous things alone.

Like cars, lawnmowers, screwdrivers, frying pans, electrical appliances, and guns.

While I do not attempt to be be rude or hurtful to folks on the internet, I DO tend to be honest. So, having said that, I will ask- what is there in your behavior that would cause folks that DO know you to make that assessment? Are you sure you want to post that here, and that you want to hear what the folks on this forum may have to say?

Please give that some thought before responding.
I don't know you and just happened to pop in on this feed, but I already like you! happy shooting to you! I'm Teri LaFaye. I think you just about summed it all up.

As to the question at hand, depending on where you are, who you are, and your choices, the ultimate rule of thumb in my opinion is Safety first, Educate yourself on laws and usages, pass all the requirements like cks etc, and then be responsible in whatever you decide.

"You can run like a girl cause I shoot like a man!" Teri LaFaye www.terilafaye.com

You Tube Teri LaFaye one handed shooting 500
www.youtube.com/user/sassyonyx

Old 01-01-2014, 02:38 AM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2003 Times on 1186 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Quote:
Ok, today the third person of all the people I know has told me I'm not suitable for owning a gun. The arguments always resolves aroun "I'm too crazy to own a gun"; or "I'm not reay to own one". Or simply I don't have to own a gun". The first time it surprised me a bit, the second one sound like an annoying coincidence, and the last one started to bother me.

I simply would like to hear from real gun owners what's necessay to own a gun and stuff. Not necessarily someone telling me that I don't hve a problem for owning a gun. But exactly whats the deal with owning a gun.

Seriously, I was planning to start with the psychological test before doing anything. If the test says I shouldn't have one, well, that's the end of the disscussion. Certainly I'm too pansy to resort to the black market; Neither I will play smart breaking the laws to have one.

But anyways, can someone tell me about all the stuff regarding owning a gun?
Until it is proven to the contrary you have the RIGHT to vote, engage in free speech, worship as you please, have due process of law, and OWN A GUN! It is your RIGHT. You don't have to prove a damn thing to anyone to exercise your RIGHTS. If you act in a irresponsible or criminal manner you may be denied some of your rights, but until then you are FREE to exercise them and if anyone says other wise they must be from our untrusting corrupt government!!!

By the way
HAPPY NEW YEAR

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 01-01-2014, 07:59 AM   #29
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7179 Times on 4321 Posts
Likes Given: 8761

This thread is from 2011 and the OP hasn't been on FTF since March 2013.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:36 AM   #30

Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 304

Quote:
Ok, today the third person of all the people I know has told me I'm not suitable for owning a gun. The arguments always resolves aroun "I'm too crazy to own a gun"; or "I'm not reay to own one". Or simply I don't have to own a gun". The first time it surprised me a bit, the second one sound like an annoying coincidence, and the last one started to bother me.

I simply would like to hear from real gun owners what's necessay to own a gun and stuff. Not necessarily someone telling me that I don't hve a problem for owning a gun. But exactly whats the deal with owning a gun.

Seriously, I was planning to start with the psychological test before doing anything. If the test says I shouldn't have one, well, that's the end of the disscussion. Certainly I'm too pansy to resort to the black market; Neither I will play smart breaking the laws to have one.

But anyways, can someone tell me about all the stuff regarding owning a gun?

Unless there are serious issues, don't mind them.

I have had people tell me similar things because I was young or they thought I was crazy...Well, I've been shooting competitively for a decade now and I haven't even had a negligent discharge nor have I desired to shoot anyone.

People will say what they will, especially people who just plain don't like guns. I know a lot of people that I thought I couldn't trust with a gun because they were a little hyper or unpredictable, but when you put a gun in their hands they became responsible responsible damn quick.