Disarming An Attacker - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety >

Disarming An Attacker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2009, 02:29 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

The best way to win a fight is to fight dirty. Remember, you are not fighting in MMA and you don't have a "rep" that you have to live up to. Grab the gun, do whatever it takes to keep the muzzle from pointing in your general direction, kick, stomp, bite, twist, grab, pull, etc, etc.....

It's not "unethical" to slam your foot or knee into the bad guy's groin either. Use whatever object you have at hand (lamp, fire extinguisher, kitchen knife, rolled up magazine, printer, computer, coffee table, etc, etc.....).

Old 03-21-2009, 07:33 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1444 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
My waste ammo?

Just put one to the head.

Ammo is getting expensive these days, anyway......

Or you could just whip out Fenrir and scare the dumb$hit to death!

I'm beginning to think the "Handgun One Shot Drop" myth is starting to fade!

If a single 460 doesn't kill the BG outright, he'll be surface breathing for hours!

Disarming An Attacker - Training & Safety

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 04-12-2009, 07:31 PM   #23

Hey guys,... Doing a little Easter Web Surfing and found this thread a bit late...

FWIW, trying to take a gun away from anyone is a last-ditch deal. When we run high level, full speed, just about full contact scenarios during Close Quarters Counter Ambush courses, the #1 problem is that people forget that they are in a FIGHT, not just fighting over a gun. Once the muzzle is pointed away from you, win the fight, don't just focus on the pistol. Clear, Control, Counter are the three principles we work with.

As for this:
Quote:
PS: Speaking of Rob Pincus, I notice his sidearm on The Best Defense (Outdoor Channel TV Show) is often what appears to be a Walther P99. I wonder if this is sidearm of choice, and if so what features does he like about the pistol.
______
I do like the Walther in general. It feels great and shoots very well. The location of the decocker makes it a bit awkward to actually use for most people, however... especially one handed (properly). It is not a primary carry gun. I try to rotate through a lot of different guns and types of guns on the TV and DVD stuff so that people see the techniques are not meant to be firearm specific... use what you have! Heck, I even use 1911's sometimes .

-RJP

Old 04-12-2009, 07:36 PM   #24

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3489 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Welcome back Rob - Thanks for contributing good advice yet again.

How's the show going? And what part of the world they got you in these days?

JD

Old 05-22-2009, 06:39 PM   #25

Busier than ever (hence my in-frequent appearances!)!

Relocated to the east coast. Been doing a fair amount of military training recently and lots of TV/DVD stuff!

Glad to see things are well here at FT!

-RJP

Old 05-22-2009, 09:22 PM   #26

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I catch Best Defense every week. Very nicely done and thorough.

Old 05-22-2009, 10:12 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1444 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Pincus View Post
Busier than ever (hence my in-frequent appearances!)!
Relocated to the east coast. Been doing a fair amount of military training recently and lots of TV/DVD stuff!
Glad to see things are well here at FT! -RJP
Glad to see you back Rob!

I see you're running I.C.E. in Virginia Beach.

Real close to NSWC Norfolk. A coincidence, or is that a redundant question?

Still have any contact with Valhalla in Montrose or are you just doin' it right in VA?

Gentlemen you should all go to Rob's site and sign up for his I.C.E. TRAINING Newsletter!

I.C.E. Training

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 06-02-2009, 11:21 AM   #28

best way to disarm an attacker? probably a .50 cal hehe

"Rosie O'Donnell blames guns for murders, but nobody blames spoons and forks for Rosie O'Donnell"

Old 06-03-2009, 05:02 AM   #29

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I've noticed that guns make some criminals very cocky. All you need to have a good sized blade and by close enough to slash the guy's or gal's trigger finger, the side of the hand holding the gun or the face.

Gawd.... I know I play too many violent games.

Old 06-03-2009, 02:01 PM   #30

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Pincus View Post
FWIW, trying to take a gun away from anyone is a last-ditch deal. When we run high level, full speed, just about full contact scenarios during Close Quarters Counter Ambush courses, the #1 problem is that people forget that they are in a FIGHT, not just fighting over a gun. Once the muzzle is pointed away from you, win the fight, don't just focus on the pistol. Clear, Control, Counter are the three principles we work with.-RJP
Indeed, I concur. You want your assailant as close to you as possible, even if that means you need to lure him in. There are defensive strikes that you should be implementing almost instantaneous and continued once the gun muzzle is directed away. As stated, win the fight, there are no rules in a fight for your life. Unconventional tactics are in play now, do not hesitate, utilize them. Thanks Rob.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”