Did I over react?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Did I over react?

View Poll Results: Am I/Did I over react when I posted the 4 rules and how they violated them?
Yes you over reacted. 0 0%
I agree, these guys were acting stupid. 37 88.10%
Eh, who cares... 5 11.90%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2009, 03:44 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Did I over react?

Recently on another forum I'm rather active on some people had a get together and a night of screwing around... They posted some of the pictures of it and in more than a few of them they were playing with one of the guy's guns. Here are a few of them...
***PICTURES REMOVED***

So I posted this...

Quote:
I think I saw at least 3 of the 4 rules of firearm safety violated in those pictures.
One of the guys there asked which one...

Quote:
1. All guns are always loaded!
Unless you're playing with them of course...
2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy!
I recall more than a few pictures of people point weapons at other people, including the cameraman
3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target!
The picture with one of y'all holdin' the Thompson and the other playing Billy Bad ass or something I cant tell for sure but it looks like a finger is on the trigger. Also, there's *******'s (name deleted for privacy) picture with the shotgun, but she's a gun n00b so she's forgiven for this one time since I'm assuming y'all didn't teach her...
4. Always be sure of your target!
You guys say you weren't drunk so you knew what you were aiming at...
So my question is am I over reacting at the thought of these people, one is an avid gun collector/reloader/assorted other gun stuff and the other is an active duty Security Forces Airman, and even with them both clearing the weapons multiple times still thinking this sort of behavior is okay?

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory

Last edited by Ubergopher; 03-31-2009 at 05:57 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-30-2009, 04:03 AM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

yeah you got those kind of people out there and then they flaunt it on a good site and give lib visitors ammo to hurt us. none of them look over 17-19

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 03-30-2009, 04:10 AM   #3

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtdeath66 View Post
yeah you got those kind of people out there and then they flaunt it on a good site and give lib visitors ammo to hurt us. none of them look over 17-19
I believe most of them are 21+. All but one is active duty.

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory

Old 03-30-2009, 04:11 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

ug, 3/30/09

Careless handling of firearms is unacceptable and will lead to disaster, if not this time then sometime in the future. Furthermore it is a bad example to those who are not familiar with firearms who may think this kind of inappropriate behavior is OK to imitate. I realize we have all done dumb things in our youth and sometimes it is a miracle we survived to adulthood, but the sooner this type of behavior is corrected the better it is for everyone else.

best wishes- oldandslow

Old 03-30-2009, 04:19 AM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubergopher View Post
I believe most of them are 21+. All but one is active duty.
it doesnt matter who or what the are they look very immature. they could be spec. forces but look at them if i was a lib sob that looks bad and it even looks worse that they are trained let me guess the guy in the blue button shirt is military

Wars begin where u will

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

Last edited by sgtdeath66; 03-30-2009 at 04:22 AM.

Old 03-30-2009, 04:43 AM   #6

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

You didn't overreact. They are stupid idiots that need to sell all their guns.

Doing stupid **** like that is how people get effing killed.

DUMB, STUPID, and many other choice words that are not ok for use in the general forums.

Old 03-30-2009, 05:00 AM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
You didn't overreact. They are stupid idiots that need to sell all their guns.

Doing stupid **** like that is how people get effing killed.

DUMB, STUPID, and many other choice words that are not ok for use in the general forums.
Amen brotha

Wars begin where u will

Old 03-30-2009, 07:01 AM   #8

If you were overreacting you would have been calling names and things of a similar nature. Calling them out on safety violations was the right thing to do. You might have just potetially saved one of their lives from their own stupidity. Good work.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud in "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis"

"My dear boy, I love hearing my relations abused. It is the only thing that makes me put up with them at all. Relations are simply a tedious pack of people, who haven’t got the remotest knowledge of how to live, nor the smallest instinct about when to die."

Old 03-30-2009, 07:13 AM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

NO !You did not over react.
You may have made a mistake by choosing THESE people to "hang out" with.
.......Our military is not quite what I had pictured ! T.V. ads are deceptive !
I hope that you AND these people--wake up and quit giving the
general public this kind of ammunition for gun control !
...............................Suicidal Pumpkin ( one that does not know where
.. to point a gun)

Last edited by ladyM; 04-05-2009 at 04:13 AM.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:57 AM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Sure, it was stupid. But chances are they knew that all the weapons were unloaded. People act stupid with unloaded weapon.