Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > The Defensive Shooting Academy of Tulsa

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2011, 11:14 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default The Defensive Shooting Academy of Tulsa

Hey people,

Just wanted to write a review of TDSA. I went there this past weekend to take their Advanced Combat Pistol Level 1 course. This is the first REAL course I've taken to better myself as a shooter. I took a defensive pistol course but it was more legal than shooting. Anyway...

First of all, the staff is amazing. They are absolutely awesome. Marshall Luton, the lead instructor, has assembled a great team to teach great techniques. Not only are they all top-notch teachers, but they shoot as well as they teach. That combined with the fact that they will make you laugh all day long is recipe for success. I was a bit nervous being one of the only civies there. Mostly LE and military. But they made me feel right at home. With a class size of 23 students to 5 instructors, you get plenty of attention if you have trouble with anything.

The facility is perfect for pistol training with paper and steel. We shot from 7 yards most of the time but went back to 50 yards to test our skills. The methods they teach really take you to the next level.

The price is great. I would pay twice what is charged for that level of learning.

When you get there, you have a pre-test that consists of 3 8" steel targets placed 6-8' apart. From 7 yard, you must draw, fire 2 rounds at each target, reload, then fire 2 more rounds at each target. My pre-test score was 13.48s with 1 miss. After the class, my score was 8.25s with 1 miss. That's a 5 second improvement...in just under 16 hours of instruction. Admittedly, my miss on the post-test came because I was hurrying instead of just being smooth.

If you want to improve your shooting, go see them. You won't regret it.

I wrote a testimonial for the site. Go check it out. I'm the guy from Savannah,GA.

The Defensive Shooting Academy of Tulsa

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 – 2005

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here