You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety >

D.A. "Jelly" Bryce;the 'Bruce Lee' of combat handgunning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2010, 10:39 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
I knew Bill Jordan personally. I was in High School the last time I saw him, and he was truly amazing to watch. I miss that old man...
Hey did his drawstroke go to a 3/4 hip position primarily?
"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Old 07-05-2010, 11:11 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

i have anew hero thanks for the post

Old 07-06-2010, 01:30 AM   #13

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Fascinating read, and thank for posting this!

Old 07-06-2010, 02:12 AM   #14

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

You all are very welcome.
"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Old 07-07-2010, 07:40 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1933 Times on 1370 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Nay sayers

This is what I like about the people on this site. The ones that will admitt, and the ones that try to change what they meant. I feel sorry for the chineese american that just logged on. People cut his throat because he said certain things on this site!!! Give him the same respect you all would expect. HELL I LOVE CHINEESE FOOD. Can't we all get along and Kill the Enemy.

Old 08-15-2010, 07:14 PM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

For anyone who is interested in learning more here is a link to Legendary Lawman: The Story of Quick Draw Jelly Bryce, by Ron Owens. Ron Owens is a retired Captain from the Oklahoma City Police Department who also authored Oklahoma Justice, a history of the OCPD and Oklahoma Heroes, and accounting of officer killed in the line of duty in Oklahoma.

Bryce is also the inspiration for the character D.A. Parker in the excellent fiction novel Hot Springs by Stephen Hunter.

D.A. "Jelly" Bryce;the 'Bruce Lee' of combat handgunning - Training & Safety

Amazon.com: Legendary Lawman: The Story of Quick Draw Jelly Bryce (9781596527577): Ron Owens: Books

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Old 08-15-2010, 11:28 PM   #17

Default The story

Thanks for posting the Jelly story I guess they broke the mold after he was born. what an intreasting guy & life he had?