That Could Never Happen To Me...Could It? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > That Could Never Happen To Me...Could It?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2014, 12:31 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7point62 View Post
You can play with semantics of AD/ND all day but bottom line is it's a f**k-up. I've never had one. That doesn't mean I never will. It probably means statistically that I'm due.

I'd agree that complacency is the worst enemy for experienced shooters. We need to take that extra second to just pause and remind ourselves of the basics.
\
GOOD POST Makes a lot of sense to be safe at all time when dealing with firearms.We don't need the publicity.....

Old 01-26-2014, 01:15 PM   #32
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7119 Times on 4285 Posts
Likes Given: 8653

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarg1c View Post
After reading these post, I remember a couple of years ago at a flee market in Morehead, Ky. a man I know well was showing another an automatic pistol to sell. The gentleman dropped the Magazine and pulled the trigger, killing a woman in the next checkout line. My observations were:

1.) The weapon should not have been loaded if intent to sell.

2.) who ever dropped the magazine evently didn't know that one round would stay in chamber.( or knew but didn't think.)

3). The trigger should never had been pulled in a crowded area.

Was this an AD or ND., what are your take on this. This is realy a true story and weapons cannot be sold there anymore. The weapon should have been pointed in a safe direction at all time.
What a terrible tragedy.

Old 01-26-2014, 04:05 PM   #33

Liked 246 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 12

It's that one in the chamber that get's ya every time . This was caused by a stack-up of errors . Maybe it wouldn't have happened if, in some past encounter, someone had been impolite enough to correct that man's gun handling habits .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarg1c View Post
After reading these post, I remember a couple of years ago at a flee market in Morehead, Ky. a man I know well was showing another an automatic pistol to sell. The gentleman dropped the Magazine and pulled the trigger, killing a woman in the next checkout line. My observations were:

1.) The weapon should not have been loaded if intent to sell.

2.) who ever dropped the magazine evently didn't know that one round would stay in chamber.( or knew but didn't think.)

3). The trigger should never had been pulled in a crowded area.

Was this an AD or ND., what are your take on this. This is realy a true story and weapons cannot be sold there anymore. The weapon should have been pointed in a safe direction at all time.

Old 02-19-2014, 07:02 PM   #34

Liked 23 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 38

It was some years ago.....I had a Ruger P95 DC. I was busy working on some spread sheets, and decided to unload the mag to let the spring relax. (old school, I know) I was in a bit of a hurry, trying to do too many things at once, I suppose. Reloaded the mag with one in the chamber....As always, I pointed it in a safe direction, (at the bed) and hit the de-cocking lever. (or so I thought.) Do any of you know what a 9mm sounds like in a closed room, with no ear protection? Damn!....I shot a hole in my mattress, and destroyed a VCR player underneath the bed. I later, while at an unattended outdoor shooting range, tried to duplicate what had happened. I must have hit the de-cocking lever about 200 times, trying to get the weapon to fire. It never happened. In retrospect, I, in all likely hood, pulled the trigger, instead of the de-cocking lever. It is the only other explanation there is. I've been around guns for more than 40 years, and had NEVER had a ND. I'm living proof that accidents CAN happen.

Come if you must, but only if you must. For the day you find yourself upon my step, will surely be the night you find peace along Jordan's edge”.
Author Unknown

Old 02-20-2014, 03:24 AM   #35
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1947 Times on 1184 Posts
Likes Given: 2121

At least you're LIVING proof.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

People Like This