COOL! Wife & I Both Signed Up for Pistol Training - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > COOL! Wife & I Both Signed Up for Pistol Training

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 03:59 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Cool beans. My wife and I will be taking our CCW class together next month! I took her to the range for the first time today. She handled the gun and the recoil well, and is interested in choosing a good concealed carry after we take the class. Revolver or small pistol? Decisions, decisions...

Old 07-01-2009, 05:31 PM   #12
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 701 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Cool to hear. My wife and I took our CHL class but not together, would have made the 10, 12 hours go by faster!

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 07-02-2009, 04:24 AM   #13

Our class will be 6 hours. Interestingly, as of today our state (Virginia) just enacted a new law allowing a training course via the internet to suffice for the training requirement for CC. Dunno the details of which courses would meet the requirement, but I'd still rather get the personal touch and also fire real bullets form a real gun in a range. If I wanted the internet, I'd be....doing....this....

PS: To make a small clarification re the above discussion about a "spare wife": Having a wife does not necessarily mean 'Tang is in the offing. To the contrary - 'Tang is more rare after marriage than when single (that's what I've heard anyway)!

Old 07-07-2009, 03:16 AM   #14

What a great July 4th weekend! I bought an XD-45 "Service" plus 500 rounds of 45ACP ammo at the gun show on Saturday 7/4, then on Sunday the 5th, my wife & I both successfully passed the Conceal-carry cert class! Despite a non-loading rented .22, my wife & I passed the range test portion of the class with a perfect score. I was really proud of her!

And as I'd hoped, she said after the 1st shot or two, she really started getting into it!! Now we're shopping for a conceal gun for her. The instructor recommended a snubnose hammerless 38 for her....

Old 07-07-2009, 03:33 AM   #15

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Good on both of you! Glad to know that there are 2 more trained and certified CC'ers around these parts.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:34 AM   #16

Congrats on passing yor CCW course. There are plenty of fine .38 snubbies out there. Have fun shopping.

We can't stop here...this is bat country.

Μολὼν λάβε
Res Ipsa Loquitur

Old 09-24-2011, 07:12 PM   #17

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

[QUOTE=Succinct;124081]Our class will be 6 hours. Interestingly, as of today our state (Virginia) just enacted a new law allowing a training course via the internet to suffice for the training requirement for CC. Dunno the details of which courses would meet the requirement, but I'd still rather get the personal touch and also fire real bullets form a real gun in a range. If I wanted the internet, I'd be....doing....this....

Can you give the site for the training I would love to view it just to see what it has that I need or need to brush up on