COOL! Wife & I Both Signed Up for Pistol Training

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > COOL! Wife & I Both Signed Up for Pistol Training

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2009, 01:37 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default COOL! Wife & I Both Signed Up for Pistol Training

This training will qualify us for conceal carry in our state, but the really BIG news is that my wife will be taking the class with me, 6 hours next Sunday afternoon! I almost want to write a thank-you note to Queen Nancy & PrezBO since a year ago at this time she was against owning a firearm! Now she agrees with my approach: to git-n-learn while the gittin' is good.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-30-2009, 01:42 AM   #2

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Good to hear.

Pay attention, learn a lot, and have fun!!!

Old 06-30-2009, 02:13 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Outstanding! It's a great move on both your parts.

My wife is not a gun person, but she comes to the range once in a while and shoots her Model 60 S&W. She's good with it too.

My shooting buddy and I sometimes take our ladies and his gf's daughter to the range and then go to lunch afterward. It makes it more of a social event that way. You may want to try it sometime.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-30-2009, 06:14 AM   #4

I'm jealous. But, as least you're doing it together. Hopefully it'll come in handy when you least expect it. *2 thumbs up*

S.S.

Old 06-30-2009, 06:43 AM   #5

Congrats, my wife and I took our CCW class together. It was a great experiance.

We can't stop here...this is bat country.

Μολὼν λάβε
Res Ipsa Loquitur

Old 06-30-2009, 09:24 AM   #6

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Congratz. to you both...I don't have a wife does anyone have a spair one they don't need? One who likes guns?

Old 06-30-2009, 11:47 PM   #7

Wow, thats great want send her over to talk to my girl friend. PLEASE!!!!!
Bill

Old 07-01-2009, 12:06 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

bonras, reread post #3 where I mention going to lunch and making it a social event.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 07-01-2009, 01:06 AM   #9

Hey, we've been married over 15 years, and it wasn't until last november that my wife changed her policy from feeling LESS secure with a "gun in the house" to feeling MORE secure.

One thing she absolutely won't budge on is that I would like to get a motorcycle ("like all of my friends"), but until our children are grown it isn't happening. Oh well 2 out of 3 isn't bad (Corvette + guns)....

Old 07-01-2009, 02:32 AM   #10

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
Congratz. to you both...I don't have a wife does anyone have a spair one they don't need? One who likes guns?
opaww, my brother, no spare wife here. I would point you in the direction of ex-wifey, but I would not pass that biaatch on anyone. She's pro 2-A, but loonier than the bin will hold. *everyone, send excess tang to opaww-he has earned it*

I wished it to happen for you. Wait for the next knock on the door, and don't shoot until you are done with her.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!