Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Training & Safety (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/)
-   -   COOL! Wife & I Both Signed Up for Pistol Training (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/cool-wife-i-both-signed-up-pistol-training-15245/)

Succinct 06-30-2009 02:37 AM

COOL! Wife & I Both Signed Up for Pistol Training

This training will qualify us for conceal carry in our state, but the really BIG news is that my wife will be taking the class with me, 6 hours next Sunday afternoon! I almost want to write a thank-you note to Queen Nancy & PrezBO since a year ago at this time she was against owning a firearm! Now she agrees with my approach: to git-n-learn while the gittin' is good. :cool:

SGT-MILLER 06-30-2009 02:42 AM

Good to hear.

Pay attention, learn a lot, and have fun!!!

:)

CA357 06-30-2009 03:13 AM

Outstanding! It's a great move on both your parts.

My wife is not a gun person, but she comes to the range once in a while and shoots her Model 60 S&W. She's good with it too.

My shooting buddy and I sometimes take our ladies and his gf's daughter to the range and then go to lunch afterward. It makes it more of a social event that way. You may want to try it sometime. ;)

Shotgun Shooter 06-30-2009 07:14 AM

I'm jealous. But, as least you're doing it together. Hopefully it'll come in handy when you least expect it. *2 thumbs up*

S.S.

Stealie 06-30-2009 07:43 AM

Congrats, my wife and I took our CCW class together. It was a great experiance.

opaww 06-30-2009 10:24 AM

Congratz. to you both...I don't have a wife does anyone have a spair one they don't need? One who likes guns?

bonras 07-01-2009 12:47 AM

Wow, thats great want send her over to talk to my girl friend. PLEASE!!!!!
Bill

CA357 07-01-2009 01:06 AM

bonras, reread post #3 where I mention going to lunch and making it a social event. ;)

Succinct 07-01-2009 02:06 AM

Hey, we've been married over 15 years, and it wasn't until last november that my wife changed her policy from feeling LESS secure with a "gun in the house" to feeling MORE secure.

One thing she absolutely won't budge on is that I would like to get a motorcycle ("like all of my friends"), but until our children are grown it isn't happening. Oh well 2 out of 3 isn't bad (Corvette + guns)....

skullcrusher 07-01-2009 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by opaww (Post 123283)
Congratz. to you both...I don't have a wife does anyone have a spair one they don't need? One who likes guns?

opaww, my brother, no spare wife here. I would point you in the direction of ex-wifey, but I would not pass that biaatch on anyone. She's pro 2-A, but loonier than the bin will hold. *everyone, send excess tang to opaww-he has earned it*

I wished it to happen for you. Wait for the next knock on the door, and don't shoot until you are done with her. :D