Cheap Ammunition for the Mind! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Cheap Ammunition for the Mind!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2011, 12:38 PM   #11
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1465 Times on 772 Posts
Likes Given: 634

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119

This could be somewhat rectified by only allowing "Supporting Members" to participate in the process.

In addition, its a honor based system. Anyone that would betray their own honor would no longer be worthy of participating in the system. Its a honor to participate, not a privilege.

So, anymore news on if/how/when this is moving forward? I'm really interested as well!
Well, this was my first opinion, but as some people say, "Life Happens!" things honestly get damaged or lost, members may move, go into the hospital, long-term care or, God forbid, die, an act of God such as flood, tornado, or earthquake may take their residence or any number of things that they just naturally forget to report the loss of the media. This is one reason that we had originally talked about not doing a straight "Trust" system - it wasn't the members, it was just the attrition of life!

Another problem of the trust system is that everyone would be limited to either one or two pieces at a time. As some of the DVDs are $75 new to purchase, to have two out to a member means $150 loss if they don't come back. If everyone pays for their media at the discounted rate, they can "borrow" as much as they want at a time. Someone suggested a higher rate for new stuff and lower for used, which would make sense, but you would also get more credit when returned in better condition. It's still in the works, but their has to be enough interest to go ahead. I hope their is!

Oh, finally, this is being floated as an idea here, but it is in no way connected with the owners or moderators of the forum yet. The mention of supporting members was an angle I had not considered and I thank you for that as their might be something very useful there, but I wanted to make sure the owners of the forum were not connected to this unfairly.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 10-07-2011, 12:43 PM   #12
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1465 Times on 772 Posts
Likes Given: 634

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSix

Tek,

Is the model above, the model you are currently suggesting be used?

--------------------------
Not necessarily. I've had suggestions of straight trust, deposit-based, using buying power to simply obtain discounts, hybrid systems - it's completely open as far as I'm concerned! If you've got an idea, throw it in the ring! If you don't want it public, PM me!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 10-07-2011, 02:10 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

I just love watching Clint Smith on DVD or Youtube.
Down-to-earth firearm instructor!

http://youtu.be/BfyULpEhmug

Last edited by PanBaccha; 10-07-2011 at 02:12 PM.