Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > can airsoft be used for training?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 12:48 AM   #21
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1683 Times on 1027 Posts
Likes Given: 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueguns View Post
You can buy full auto airsoft guns as well as air soft hand guns in CA, so I don't think they fall under the definition.
Excellent point. One Airsoft gun just went on my shopping list!

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 10-10-2012, 06:00 AM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota
Excellent point. One Airsoft gun just went on my shopping list!
Wich one??

Old 10-10-2012, 01:03 PM   #23

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

When I was a kid we spent a lot of hours playing cowboys and Indians with Daisy Red Ryder BB guns. We learned to take cover and how to get off a shot without exposing ourselves. But we learned a lot of bad habits as well. None of us discovered this until we joined the military or became police officers. Airsoft could have a role in training but the military already has paintball cartridges and a special bolt to fire the paintball loads from their M4.

Edit: with the BB guns we always shot each other below the waist. In a real situation it's possible one would shoot below the waist because that is what we were trained to do. I think similar training would be the same as karate lessons where you pull your punch. It takes several months of training for a full contact fighter to get out of the habit of pulling his punches.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Last edited by Old_Crow; 10-10-2012 at 01:09 PM.

Old 10-11-2012, 03:34 AM   #24
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1683 Times on 1027 Posts
Likes Given: 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abc1911 View Post
Wich one??
Don't know for sure. Hopefully I can find one similar to my XDm 9mm Compact, but I'll take what I can get. The prospect of at-home, any-time, trigger time is too desirable to allow me to be too picky!

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 10-11-2012, 03:56 AM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Tokyo marui makes excelent springfield xd pistols they are an excact replica of the real xd every feauture on the airsoft xd is the same as the real one fits in real xd holsters feels, looks , and weighs the same google springfield xd airsoft check it out tell me what you think