can airsoft be used for training? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > can airsoft be used for training?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2012, 03:48 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

My youngest son age 8 has a nice M&P Co2 BB gun that I practice with alot in the garage , kinda heavy trigger pull but I figure it just makes you a better shot when you do the real thing.

Old 09-22-2012, 12:22 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusEcho

Congrats man sounds killer! Post a link or pictures to what you got, I'd love to see it.
I will try lol but I'm using my phone app and I am at work I can't get to a computer much if you can't wait just Google A&k m4 s system I recomend this gun to anyone who cant make it to the range or would like to train indoors with your airsoft lol it was only 105$ on Amazon plus shipping real nice

Old 09-22-2012, 11:49 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 50 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abc1911 View Post
I will try lol but I'm using my phone app and I am at work I can't get to a computer much if you can't wait just Google A&k m4 s system I recomend this gun to anyone who cant make it to the range or would like to train indoors with your airsoft lol it was only 105$ on Amazon plus shipping real nice
I did it looks pretty cool man!

Old 10-07-2012, 01:08 AM   #14
I used to play keyboards, but now...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2042 Times on 1241 Posts
Likes Given: 2220

Airsoft sounds like a pretty good way to practice stuff like drawing, movement, stance, grip, etc. I would like to do some of that in my back yard. However, I live in Glenpool OK in a development. I have looked through the laws in Oklahoma and do not find any limitations there. I do not know how to find city or county laws online.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

Old 10-08-2012, 03:46 PM   #15
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 334 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 602

was watching Doug Koenig's championship season on tv and he was using a Gamo PT-85 Blowback pistol. It looks like a great way to train with at home.

Member: GOA, NRA

"Nil desperandum (never despair) is a model for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it.” - Samuel Adams

Old 10-09-2012, 03:10 PM   #16

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
Airsoft sounds like a pretty good way to practice stuff like drawing, movement, stance, grip, etc. I would like to do some of that in my back yard. However, I live in Glenpool OK in a development. I have looked through the laws in Oklahoma and do not find any limitations there. I do not know how to find city or county laws online.
I would be very surprised if your local gov't has any ordinances against you shooting Air Soft guns on your property, even if you lived in a suburbs.

Old 10-09-2012, 03:14 PM   #17

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by astroman View Post
was watching Doug Koenig's championship season on tv and he was using a Gamo PT-85 Blowback pistol. It looks like a great way to train with at home.
It sure is, you get the same feel including recoil but without the noise. Even using a plastic Air soft pistol improves accuracy, as a previous poster said, the trigger pull is heavier, so when you can hit with an Air Soft pistol you'll hit better with your real pistol. Not to mention it costs a LOT less and you can train daily without leaving your yard.

Old 10-09-2012, 03:33 PM   #18

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

It's a toy there's no laws against using one in ur yard but I'd suggest drop it if anyone ask you to

Old 10-10-2012, 12:40 AM   #19
I used to play keyboards, but now...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2042 Times on 1241 Posts
Likes Given: 2220

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj84 View Post
It's a toy there's no laws against using one in ur yard but I'd suggest drop it if anyone ask you to
Haha, you've got that right, drop it if asked.

OK Self Defense Act is a little unclear about Airsoft, though. It defines a pistol as any semi-automatic firearm which:
a. has an overall length of less than sixteen (16) inches,
b. is capable of discharging a projectile composed of any material which may be reasonably expected to be able to cause lethal injury, (This is the unclear part)
c. is designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand, and
d. uses gunpowder, gas or any means of rocket propulsion to discharge the projectile.

Airsoft meets parts a, c and d. The only question is whether the projectile could cause lethal injury. If it can, then it is a pistol and falls under the Self Defense Act and related state and local laws. I have no feel for this issue. Anyone know about this?

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

Old 10-10-2012, 12:47 AM   #20

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

You can buy full auto airsoft guns as well as air soft hand guns in CA, so I don't think they fall under the definition.

EDIT: Also many neighborhood kids use them in their yard, and no one complains.

-Matt