Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > can airsoft be used for training?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 05:15 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default can airsoft be used for training?

Thinking about getting into the Airsoft world so I can become more efficient with tactics and operate Under Stress and alot of the gear they use can be used for shtf and can be transitoned to real life useful stuff like the plate carriers Molle mag pouches holsters boots gloves bdu ect can all be used for shtf after I'm done with airsoft its likeI get shtf gear and SOME simulated combat experience but nothing like the real military has lol so us it worth getting into airsoft?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-19-2012, 11:06 AM   #2
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Plenty of people do what you're describing and it can help you learn a lot.

It also makes you not afraid to do stupid things you would never do under live fire.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:30 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8597 Times on 3727 Posts
Likes Given: 1321

Agree 100%

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 09-19-2012, 12:04 PM   #4

Liked 1763 Times on 983 Posts
Likes Given: 1161

I am a paintballer. I think the two are similar. It is a lot of fun. But it is not a serious training tool in my opinion. Lets face it...in real life you can not use bushes and srubs as cover. We have even been known to run out from cover when we have the element of suprise. That would be crazy in a real situation. You are willing to take chances that you would not take if the bullets were real.

One time we did take two way radios with head sets. My team was a bunch of high school kids. They were my students from church. We were against a bunch of sheriffs deputies. We were able to take out their whole team without losing a single player. It is amazing what a strong tool communication is. That is the only thing I have learned that transfers to real life.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 09-19-2012, 08:56 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 50 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I am a paintballer. I think the two are similar. It is a lot of fun. But it is not a serious training tool in my opinion. Lets face it...in real life you can not use bushes and srubs as cover. We have even been known to run out from cover when we have the element of suprise. That would be crazy in a real situation. You are willing to take chances that you would not take if the bullets were real.

One time we did take two way radios with head sets. My team was a bunch of high school kids. They were my students from church. We were against a bunch of sheriffs deputies. We were able to take out their whole team without losing a single player. It is amazing what a strong tool communication is. That is the only thing I have learned that transfers to real life.
Funny story...maybe another reason the sheriffs lost is like everyone said above, they were trained with real bullets and would not do things that untrained civilians would do in paintball. I doubt you'd have won a real gun fight with them LOL

Old 09-20-2012, 07:19 AM   #6

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

When I was in high school we use to play every weekend rain or shine, the same tach gear I wore when I played I wear now when I go shooting (run and gun and what not) the only difference is I had to get a new holster for my revolver (I used a CO2 M9 in airsoft). But really its a cheaper way to practice drills and what not the only difference I found between my Airsoft AK and my actual AKM is recoil noise and muzzle flash and a little extra weight. I know a few police officers that use it just to train and have fun, plus a thing of a 1000 .20 grams BB's are cheaper then a 1000 rounds of 9mm

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 09-20-2012, 12:38 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

airsoft is fun as hell. I use airsoft as target practice and it does help when transferring to the real world of firearms. but just play airsoft cuz it's a good time

Old 09-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #8

Liked 87 Times on 67 Posts

my cdr in the army used to cary an airsoft 92 beretta in his holster for training excersises instead of drawing the real one from the arms room. nobody ever knew except the armore (me).

Old 09-20-2012, 08:26 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Just got my new a&k m4 s system in the mail yesterday !! Man these things are stunning in details. Weight and everything are like the real deal I compared it with my friends real m4 and there really was no diffrent except mine runs off of electric and shoots plastic bbs this is awesome I most definitely will have fun at the arena thanks guys

Old 09-21-2012, 03:06 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 50 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abc1911 View Post
Just got my new a&k m4 s system in the mail yesterday !! Man these things are stunning in details. Weight and everything are like the real deal I compared it with my friends real m4 and there really was no diffrent except mine runs off of electric and shoots plastic bbs this is awesome I most definitely will have fun at the arena thanks guys
Congrats man sounds killer! Post a link or pictures to what you got, I'd love to see it.