Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Bring a knife to a gun fight.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2013, 03:31 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1641 Times on 926 Posts
Likes Given: 1093

When I took my ccw class we did an exercise like this. We had our gun at the ready position. It was in a two handed hold but down at waist level and pointed downward at a 45 degree angle. We had an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper 21 feet in front of us. There was a person 21 feet to our right. A whistle was blown. You had to put 2 rounds into the paper before the guy with the knife reached you. I shot from the ready position. I put both rounds on target. No one that brought their gun up to eye level to use their sights made it. Everyone of them was touched with the knife. Very eye opening experience. I had never even thought about it until that day.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-11-2013, 06:34 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6557 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Knife vs gun?

http://youtu.be/anEuw8F8cpE

Old 10-11-2013, 07:09 AM   #23

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
How about some common sense knife reform?
I like the form of most knives...They are really stabby in the form they are already in

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

People Like This 
Old 10-19-2013, 06:23 PM   #24

Liked 62 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Default The alternative view...

The real secret behind the "21 foot rule" is that whoever INITIATES the attack first will normally win.

Rick1967 cites an exercise wherein both participants (the shooter and the knife-wielder) acted from a third party stimulus. I rather image the outcome would be different had the shooter been the one to initiate the action.

And of course, one should be always aware missing with a pistol is easier than missing with a knife.

Finally back in the United States!
OIIOHH
See my blog at:
http://oldmanmontgomery.wordpress.com/

Old 10-19-2013, 06:34 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2191 Times on 1213 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Wow that video is OLD!!!! I remember watching it back when I was a 12 year old wet behind the ears police explorer

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Old 10-20-2013, 12:07 AM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5804 Times on 3170 Posts
Likes Given: 10990

My advice is

DON'T GO TO A GUN FIGHT!

No offense and none taken

People Like This 
Old 10-20-2013, 03:13 PM   #27
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1660 Times on 905 Posts
Likes Given: 529

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
My advice is

DON'T GO TO A GUN FIGHT!
Good advice but dont go to a knife fight either. A man trained with a knife can do a lot of serious damage. I watched a demonstration of a martial arts black belt trying to take a knife (marker in this case) away from an 18 year old kid who apparently knew what he was doing. He eventually got the knife away from the kid but the kid gave him what would have been 3 fatal wounds before he did. It was not staged as the black belt did not know what he was getting into with this kid picked from the group. He easily disarmed several others.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
You are either pro gun or pro crime.