Body armor at the range - Page 10
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety >

Body armor at the range

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 02:06 AM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 644 Times on 389 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Thanks Delta. I'm looking for work, not the range. This thread has been the only place I've been able to get good info, sorry for the drift.

So basically you're saying I won't notice a difference between II and IIIA regarding concealability and comfort?

Old 09-03-2013, 02:12 AM   #92
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2452 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love
Thanks Delta. I'm looking for work, not the range. This thread has been the only place I've been able to get good info, sorry for the drift.

So basically you're saying I won't notice a difference between II and IIIA regarding concealability and comfort?
I'm saying I didnt and neither did about 90% of us who switched over. Go to a police supply store and look at a couple and see what you think. But what seems like a pretty decent weight difference in your hand disappears on your chest after about half an hour. It feels like a hot slimy wet blanket is giving you a bear hug.

Last edited by DeltaF; 09-03-2013 at 02:32 AM.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:58 PM   #93
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Sad to hear as this can happen anywhere, but this is the exact range I visited once and reason I started this thread.

September 17, 2013 (LYONS, Ill.) (WLS) -- A man was shot in the head at the Midwest Guns and Pistol Range in Lyons, Ill.

Police believe the wounded man accidentally shot himself. They were called to the 8500-block of Plainfield Road in Lyons just before 2 p.m.

According to a statement from police, "Upon officer's arrival, a subject was located on the first floor of the gun range with what appeared to be a serious head wound. That subject was transported to Loyola Hospital in critical condition."

Police continue to investigate.

(Copyright 2013 WLS-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

UPDATE:
A Michigan man died after a possible accidental shooting at a gun range in Lyons this afternoon, authorities said.

The man, identified as Michael Babinski, 49, of Pickford, Mich., was declared dead at 5:36 p.m. at Loyola University Hospital, according to the Cook County medical examiner's office. Police were dispatched to the shop--which is at 8565 Plainfield Rd. in the west suburb--about 1:55 p.m., following the report of a shooting at the gun range, police said in a news release.

At the range, an officer found the injured person on the first floor. He appeared to have suffered a serious head wound, police said.
The man was taken to Loyola University Hospital, initially in critical condition, police said.

Police investigators are treating the man's injury as a possible accidental shooting and are reviewing video from the range, as well as interviewing witnesses.

Last edited by KJG67; 09-18-2013 at 12:52 AM.