Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Biometrical safety

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2010, 06:13 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Biometrical safety

Hi guys,

as I heard, the german company Armatix was supposed to be at some gun shows in the US to advertise for their products like Quick-Lock and Smart Gun.

Has anybody seen them at one of the shows (like in Las Vegas) and can give me a report on how the interest was on the company and their products.

Reason for my question is to get some feedback on them again, because they have tried to get into the private sector here in germany by means of law with their Biometrical Quick Lock system.

I`d be gratefull for some input here.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-13-2010, 03:19 PM   #2

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I stopped at their booth at the Shot Show and looked at their products. The Bio weapon is tied to a watch the shooter wears and if the handgun gets out of line from the watch twisting your wrist, or dropped or taken away or put down then the handgun will not shoot. I do not think it would be a viable system for Law Enforcement as it places too many restrictions that a street officer may encounter. Additionally, if the watch is broken or damaged in a fight the officer has now for all intents and purposes been disarmed. Also if something happens to me in a situation and my partner needs to use my weapon because I am unable to assist him he can’t because when he takes my gun the watch locks it. I, and this is my opinion, don’t think it’s viable.

Oh yeah, the system uses only the company’s weapon it is not usable with any other make or manufactured weapon and currently only comes in 22 caliber.

Old 02-13-2010, 05:03 PM   #3

Did you also see the other products like Quick-Lock or Trust Lock and what are your thoughts on those systems?

Would such systems find acceptance on the US market?

Old 02-13-2010, 05:18 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

The only lock that matters is between my ears.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-14-2010, 03:49 PM   #5

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Did you also see the other products like Quick-Lock or Trust Lock and what are your thoughts on those systems?

Would such systems find acceptance on the US market?

The quick lock is a rod with expantion round bearings that when you insert them into the barrel will expand out and not allow the weapon to be pulled off the rod. The release is by combination buttons or bio sweep of your fingerprint. It worked well and was a quick way to secure your weapon, however I don't like the idea of inserting a metal rod in my weapon and haveing metal bearings expanded out to secure the weapon. They said it would not damage the barrel but I just don't like the idea.

Not sure about the Trust lock unless that is the bio fingerprint thing.

Old 02-14-2010, 04:25 PM   #6

o.k. there are diffent systems from Armatix.

Quick-Lock is as you described it.
Trust Lock is the same system, only that is is meant for people that inherited firearms but are not alloewd to shoot them.
In this case the numerical or biometrical part is kept at a dealer and only he can unlock and remove the rod.

At the moment, we are talking about approx. 200 Euro for a single rod plus another 200 Euro for the biometrical or numerical device. Plus I don`t know how much for the diffent adapters for different firearms, like rifles, revolvers etc.

As mentioned previosly, this company had tried to get into the german market through the government. At the moment it is stopped, but we don`t know for how long.

Since they didn`t get through here in germany, they are trying to get into the US market.

We have had test made, where the rod was removed within 7 sekonds just by using an electrical sanding machine.
Unfortunately, the report was banned from the internet by a court order.
In another test, the rod was removed in just a few minutes by using a welding machine. This test also was taken offline by a court order.

In both cases the barrell was not damaged at all.