Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Best Newbie Training?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 04:13 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwk4667
Here are three video's that will start you down the right path - - - find a good local range and sign up for their NRA classes - - - you owe it to yourself and family.

Be safe and have fun, may you never need to use the skills you willl aquire!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QjZY3WiO9s&feature=youtu.be
Proof that Concealed Carry permit holders live in a dream world, Part One

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLN6_s66wTg
Proof that Concealed Carry permit holders live in a dream world, Part Two

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COvFyw-6Fqs&feature=player_embedded#!
This is by Barry Laws
I can't tell if you are being serious with this or not. If so, you are a sad, strange little man.

Old 03-09-2013, 03:21 AM   #22

Liked 181 Times on 125 Posts

I've heard of that "experiment" before and I won't bother to watch the videos. ABC faked the exploding pickup trucks, faked the audio of George Zimmerman's 911 call and has lied about guns before . They could have run the "experiment" countless times until they got the result they liked and present only that one .
I watched the beginning with that cop claiming we think video games are reality . Up Theirs !

Old 03-09-2013, 01:42 PM   #23

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buskowski View Post
I can't tell if you are being serious with this or not. If so, you are a sad, strange little man.
Yes I'm a sad little man who has trained in the USMC and many of the local law officers and will even try to help someone as anal as you.

Send me a PM and we will set up a free session for you.

We will start you out on an “introductions to firearms” and see where to go from there - - - I have a hard time assessing your abilities from your posts.

To work on my range I require every person ( even ground keepers ) to have an NRA range safety officer course completed - - - do you have yours???

Have a great day and I’m looking forward to your PM

Old 03-09-2013, 01:47 PM   #24
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1905 Times on 1042 Posts
Likes Given: 692

Check out this web page: http://training.nra.org

It is a catalog of all NRA training going on around the country.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 03-10-2013, 08:01 PM   #25

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwk4667

Yes I'm a sad little man who has trained in the USMC and many of the local law officers and will even try to help someone as anal as you.

Send me a PM and we will set up a free session for you.

We will start you out on an “introductions to firearms” and see where to go from there - - - I have a hard time assessing your abilities from your posts.

To work on my range I require every person ( even ground keepers ) to have an NRA range safety officer course completed - - - do you have yours???

Have a great day and I’m looking forward to your PM
I was simply referring to the ABC video you posted, which is obviously a horrible experiment. I would never be wearing a full face mask out on a normal day while packing my gun and the shooter obviously knew exactly where the guy that was "concealed carrying" was. I thank you for your military service, but it's jerks like you that give military personal the stereotype. I was quoting a line from toy story as a joke. Sorry your big, tough usmc feelings got hurt.

Old 03-10-2013, 11:58 PM   #26

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buskowski View Post
I was simply referring to the ABC video you posted, which is obviously a horrible experiment. I would never be wearing a full face mask out on a normal day while packing my gun and the shooter obviously knew exactly where the guy that was "concealed carrying" was. I thank you for your military service, but it's jerks like you that give military personal the stereotype. I was quoting a line from toy story as a joke. Sorry your big, tough usmc feelings got hurt.
Sorry I should have recognized the line from "Toy Story" as my grandkids watch it a lot but I did not.

Did you watch the entire video in question and did you read the titles?

Also did you read the first line of my post - - - “Here are three video's that will start you down the right path - - - find a good local range and sign up for their NRA classes - - - you owe it to yourself and family.”

I did not and do not think this will equip anyone to safely and competently CC but the person ask where to start.

I did not see any good suggestions from you as to get him/her started on the right path.

Have a good day and the offer still stands if you are ever planning a trip to east central Indiana let me know ahead of time and I will schedule a free lesson. This offer is for any one from Firearms Talk.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:03 AM   #27

Liked 181 Times on 125 Posts

T.V. is illusion. ABC lied about Zimmerman and they lied about exploding pickup trucks . Take the time you'd waste watching the " Potemkin Village " of T.V. and watch some of the better instructional stuff on youtube-like these links :

Pistol Instruction On YouTube

Todd Jarrett :

Todd Jarrett Pistol Shooting

Todd Jarrett Reloads

Todd Jarrett Prone

Doug Koenig :

Grip
Stance
Trigger Control
Sight Picture
Dry Firing
Speed Reload

Il Ling New :
Dominant eye .
Aiming .
trigger control .

Dave Spaulding :
Cover & Cocealment
Fundamentals

James Yeager :

James Yeager Malfunction Clearing

Cleaning Guns

James Yeager Glock Lube #2

Glock Lube #1

XS Sights Demo #2

XS Sights #1

Trigger Reset Demo

Gabe Suarez :

Close Range Gun-fighting .

NSSF :
Range safety.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0ZfNsm0_ks Weaver Stance and presentation .

Kelly McCann :

Skip first 1:15 Min. intro crap.

Skip First 41 seconds intro crap.

“ Bishop “ training militia :

Glock Function Animations :

Glock Trigger Job

Techniques demonstrated

Dave Sevigny :
Glock Field Strip, Grip

Jack Weaver :

Personalshootingcoach.com :
Stance

Hickok :
Stance
Grip
Trigger Control

Jeff Cooper :
Trigger Control

Travis Haley :
Speed reload

Deadeye Steve :
Shooting Fundamentals

Charlie McNeese :
Sight Alignment / sight picture .
Immediate action ( primary ) .
Immediate Action ( Secondary )
Trigger control / follow-through .
Grip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK8Cb9zIK60&feature=relmfuhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK8Cb9zIK60&feature=relmfu Safety .
Draw .
Speed Reload.
Mindset

Travis Tomasie :
Speed Reload
Shot Calling

Saul Kirsch
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBritishrican#p/c/CBB05B669F2EF708/23/R2a9BGzkDsU Recoil control

Glocktor
Sight Picture Animation

Front Sight :
Includes How To
Draw a Pistol .

U.S. Army M-9 Training series Pt. 1.

Sportsman’s Whse :
Eliminating flinch. ( rifle film but useful ).

General Instruction.

Dave Anderson
Lubing 1911 .45s.

Debra Medina on Gun Rights and carry.

Lance Thomas
News story on real gunfighter.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:37 AM   #28

Liked 226 Times on 170 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockBurg View Post
Two weeks ago I became a brand-new first time handgun owner. I have applied and received my CCW And am really looking to get training... I am looking to the experienced members of this forum to help guide me on what is the best type of training and frequency?

First of all, congratulations. Here in Missouri we have to take the training FIRST, then apply for the CCW. Many local gun shops will have the information you are looking for. One in this area has the CCW classes, defensive training and general safety courses. All classes have NRA certified instructors. You can also contact the sheriff or state police, whoever you got your CCW from....they will certainly have lists of trainers as well. As far as frequency, as often as you can and as much as you can afford. CCW carry and preparedness is a skill you want to be absolutely perfect at.....and one you hope to never need.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:03 PM   #29
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3833 Times on 1289 Posts
Likes Given: 1280

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockBurg View Post
Two weeks ago I became a brand-new first time handgun owner. I have applied and received my CCW And am really looking to get training... I am looking to the experienced members of this forum to help guide me on what is the best type of training and frequency?
One picture is worth a thousand words.

NSDQ

ScottA Likes This