Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Armed society VS regular army during the war

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2010, 08:43 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have a high university degree, my major is history, and my subject was WWII Europe. Based on what I know, Poland always survives.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:51 PM   #32

Quote:
Poland always survives.
That's right But it would be much nicer, if we could say "wins".

Old 10-27-2010, 08:56 PM   #33

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajkiFajki View Post
That's right But it would be much nicer, if we could say "wins".
Well said.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:58 PM   #34

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploofy View Post
I freakin love the Swiss. If I wasn't an American, I would move to Switzerland. Almost no gun restrictions, all adult male citizens are expected to serve, more emplaced guns per mile than any other country, and bomb shelters in nearly every city. Also they control most the worlds wealth, decide the price of gold, are mostly trilingual, and keep their culture. Sorry if this is a little off topic.
You can retire there. It's pretty easy and they are pretty open to it IF you meet their STRICT criteria.

I don't remember everything, but I know you have to have had a previous interest in Switzerland, like having traveled there previous for vacation, be over the age of 55, be able to show that you have a MINIMUM yearly income from your retirement that was something like $80K EU or something like that.

It wasn't REAL attainable, but it could be done if you had the right life.

Old 10-28-2010, 11:18 PM   #35
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1740 Times on 946 Posts
Likes Given: 547

During the Hungarian revolt, the citizens did a remarkable job of fighting the regular army. They figured out how to stop tanks with dish soap. Check it out by reading some of the stories about it. The revolt was stopped when the Soviets brought in an overwhelming number of Manchurrian troops that killed everyone in sight.
The Ghetto of Warsaw is another example of how hard it is to stop armed and determined civilians.
Yes they both eventually lost but they made it very costly.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:06 AM   #36

For me most important factor is government. Poland in period 1945-89 was under USSR control, they could do anything to us.

Nowadays from time to time I see in TV a lot of situations, when guns might be useful. I.e. taking kids fro parents. We have highly developed social security. They like to take kids away if parents are... too poor. Recently bill has passed - that social worker can take kids away without judge's approval. Like that - bureaucrat can take Your kids away because he thinks it's OK. And You can do nothing about that.