Armed society VS regular army during the war - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety >

Armed society VS regular army during the war

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2010, 09:47 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 374 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Does Poland allow hunting with firearms?

Also, does Poland allow for target shooting with firearms?

If Poland allows for use of firerams for hunting and or target shooting, what does a person have to do or go through to be able to do this?

Old 10-26-2010, 10:09 PM   #22
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6791 Times on 3610 Posts
Likes Given: 506

an unarmed society is just a society waiting to be someone else's b@tch.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:00 AM   #23

@Flat4sti
Well, don't forget, that criminals have "rights". In Poland if someone kill or seriously wound attacker, most of the time he get long and unpleasant court case.

@mrm14
Target shooting is allowed. You can go and shoot AK47 in example (3 PLN/shot - min. wage ~6 PLN/h). But to get gun permission and keep it in house...

Quote:
If Poland allows for use of firearms for hunting and or target shooting, what does a person have to do or go through to be able to do this?
Hunting.
In Poland if You want go legally hunting, You need to be registered member of Polish Hunters Union (public organization, regulated by government). You have to an 'intern' in the Union for over a year. After this, You have to pass exams (theory, practice and shooting). If You pass it, You can go to Police and ask for permission to have a gun.

In Poland getting gun permission is extremely difficult. You can't have any problems with law in Your resume. Then - medical test must be passed - You must be healthy and mental stable (need to visit few certified for that purpose doctors). Next, You have to explain, why You need gun. If You feel unsafe, You must argument that. After all process is complete the great moment approaches. Best bit - there are no laws specifying You are allowed or not to get permission. At the end - everything is up to police. In most cases they say "no" in the end, unless You pay bribe or You have "an uncle or dad" in Police. I'm not kidding. Being a member of Polish Hunting Union helps a lot, though.

After that, You're allowed to buy hunting rifle and go hunting as a registered member with a registered rifle.

Of course buying a gun on black market is not a big problem. In most cases - corrupted cops sell them.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:01 PM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

"Of course buying a gun on black market is not a big problem. In most cases - corrupted cops sell them. "

And this is one of the arguments to gun regulation in the US, a society will always find a way to get around any law.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:11 PM   #25

Quote:
And this is one of the arguments to gun regulation in the US, a society will always find a way to get around any law.
Which brigs us back to old question
"If I can't have gun but criminal can - how can I protect myself?"

Old 10-27-2010, 07:32 PM   #26

Liked 34 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 4

That's the point, the government doesn't want you to protect yourself, they want you dependent upon them for your protection. Serfdom!!

Old 10-27-2010, 07:32 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajkiFajki View Post
Simple answer is "be a criminal also".

Old 10-27-2010, 07:42 PM   #28

Liked 57 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory2 View Post
Well an excellent example is Switzerland in WW2, and really any modern time of war. They arm their citizenry and it prevented them from being involved in ww2 as no one was willing to suffer such massive losses. I mean sure, if an abrams tank where to roll down my street right now there would not be to much i could do about it (short of abusing the R.O.E.) but if i knew it was coming ahead of time there are quite a few things i could do about it. Also for the foreseable future infantry will always be the keystone of any modern military. Even though they may have fully automatic weapons and body armor the civilian population will still massively outnumber them and a bullet to the brain kills soldiers just as much as it does civilians.

Here is a good example of how having an armed citizenry has helped the Swiss out immensly
WHY AN ARMED CITIZENRY?

Alot of what you are talking about is pure "theorycraft". It all depends on how armed the civilian population is. Obviously if every single person has a firearm but all of the firearms are flintlocks they arent going to be very effectual against a modern military. However, if they have availability to high end modern day firearms (such as Americans do e.g. FN SCAR, ar 15's, r700's, or any other semi or fully automatic highcapacity firearm or highpowered hunting rifles) they will present a significant threat to any military force.

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees.

I freakin love the Swiss. If I wasn't an American, I would move to Switzerland. Almost no gun restrictions, all adult male citizens are expected to serve, more emplaced guns per mile than any other country, and bomb shelters in nearly every city. Also they control most the worlds wealth, decide the price of gold, are mostly trilingual, and keep their culture. Sorry if this is a little off topic.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:43 PM   #29

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajkiFajki View Post
Move to the USA, you are always welcomed.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:09 PM   #30

Quote:
Move to the USA, you are always welcomed.
Poland has no visas-free deal It's pretty difficult to get to US from here

You see - we live between Russia and Germany. Both countries have rich traditions on invading literally EVERYBODY. And we're unarmed as civilians. Here, in Poland, last year we stopped conscription. Now we have 100 000 men army, which half of the soldiers are officers (I'm not kidding).