Appleseed Known Distance with M1A/M25

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Appleseed Known Distance with M1A/M25

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2011, 09:15 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Appleseed Known Distance with M1A/M25

Not sure if you have heard of the appleseed project, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization (I am an instructor in training with them now, unpaid volunteer), so I'll keep it to the point. They are a heritage and marksmanship clinic that's goal is to wake up Americans to the debt we owe our forefathers, and that the fight for our rights/freedoms was never supposed to end. They also teach marksmanship by using reduced targets at 25 yards (representing 100,200,300 and 400 yards). If the shooter scores 210 (expert), and the facility where the shoot is being held allows, you can shoot Known Distance, or Actual Distance AQT. My wife came and shot 226 (but was using a .22 so was not able to shoot the full distance with me).

I was able to go the the KD full distance range on the second day, and was able to score a 240/250 with my LRB M25, it was the most fun I have had with clothes on! I'm not sure if the scoring was how they would do in the an actual Army Qualifying Test (after shooting 100-400, they also shot from 500 and 600 yards, and took 5 good shots from each of those, and replaced 5 of your 3's or 4's from you 300 and 400 yard target.) regardless there were about 8 of us out there shooting m1 Garands, AR10-T's, full custom rigs, and others, and no one else was even able to shoot a 200 (what they consider expert at KD with their scoring). It was an honor to learn from the instructors both shooting and heritage, and I will be back for more.

general appleseed info: Project Appleseed Home
here is a link to the After Action Report from the shoot I attended:
Racine, WI August 6-7, 2011

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-18-2012, 08:40 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Let me echo triggernick's recommendation. Appleseed events are a wonderful way to spend a weekend learning and shooting. Go to www.appleseedinfo.com for a schedule of upcoming shoots. I have done a number of them. See you on the line.

Srb4085 (Corvette)