any summer military/boot camps? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > any summer military/boot camps?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2012, 01:01 PM   #41
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6628 Times on 3322 Posts
Likes Given: 7144

Oh boy GA Hunter, I wouldnt hold your breath waiting on the south rising pp again but Im hopeful that we wont have a Barry Oh POTUS this time next year!

Barney Google is correct but additionally you will have plenty of sex, it just wont be any fun! Basic Training is a Screw Job every single day. You dont have to even ask for it, you will be F'd daily!

I can appreciate that you do truly wish to join and suspect your overzealous characterization are just youthful exuberance. Those of us on here that are Vets and WFW's can be a bit harsh, dont sweat it but dont ignore it either, its all good and all relevant to the discussion.

I cant tell you what its like to get shot at or shoot at anyone, I was 21 years lucky, those days are history. You will likely never be able to say that if you join, you will serve in combat if you are CS or Infantry. My VFW buds all speak of the same smell of feces in the air when they first hit the bigtime, most describe the stench as awful and emanating from their own drawers! Its hard to get that sense in a movie or any video game but its oh so true.

Get a good education, join some type of team that encourages like traits (Football, Rugby, LAX...) and learn to take direction! You will never lead a thing unless you can learn to follow first 100% of the time. Lastly, good luck and remember that there are few atheists in a war zone for good reason so above all, put your trust in god!

Old 06-15-2012, 06:41 PM   #42

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986
OK thanks ill get into better shape than im in now. Whe i join i want to be deployed and actually fight. I know some people are wondering why do you want to be deployed then you could be shot, blown up ,etc. Well i want to im not sure why but for some reason i want to. My principal was in the army and he told me im to smart for the army i have to much potential and to do something else. I told him firmly i would join anyway but thanks for the complement.
BM986, I was 10 years older than you are now when I joined the Army. I dropped out of college to do so as I felt it was my duty. Well, that and I wanted to shoot some mother fu#kers in the face for what they had done to us. If it's something you want to do and have thought it through go for it. Just know that w/ the glory comes hardship. 99% of what you do is boring and/or painful. Don't join because you think it's going to be a party.

Another thing, volunteer for everything (extra duty) your future chain of command needs done. If they ask for 2 guys to shovel feces while standing on one hand eagerly volunteer. When you're going from A to B run. Move w/ a purpose and carry yourself like you have a purpose. Do not be the guy who tries to get away w/ the minimum. Also carry a lighter even if you don't smoke (don't smoke). It's all about who you know and who likes you.

Edit: talk to any of the high speed cool guys w/ all the cool school certifications that get to the cool stuff. You'll quickly realize they are very intelligent. It takes a lot of forward thinking and logistics to manage men.

Last edited by MikeJK; 06-15-2012 at 06:45 PM.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:31 PM   #43

Liked 31 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Oh boy GA Hunter, I wouldnt hold your breath waiting on the south rising pp again but Im hopeful that we wont have a Barry Oh POTUS this time next year!

Barney Google is correct but additionally you will have plenty of sex, it just wont be any fun! Basic Training is a Screw Job every single day. You dont have to even ask for it, you will be F'd daily!

I can appreciate that you do truly wish to join and suspect your overzealous characterization are just youthful exuberance. Those of us on here that are Vets and WFW's can be a bit harsh, dont sweat it but dont ignore it either, its all good and all relevant to the discussion.

I cant tell you what its like to get shot at or shoot at anyone, I was 21 years lucky, those days are history. You will likely never be able to say that if you join, you will serve in combat if you are CS or Infantry. My VFW buds all speak of the same smell of feces in the air when they first hit the bigtime, most describe the stench as awful and emanating from their own drawers! Its hard to get that sense in a movie or any video game but its oh so true.

Get a good education, join some type of team that encourages like traits (Football, Rugby, LAX...) and learn to take direction! You will never lead a thing unless you can learn to follow first 100% of the time. Lastly, good luck and remember that there are few atheists in a war zone for good reason so above all, put your trust in god!
Shoot, I've been holding my breath ever since we lost the last one! Kidding aside I believe this is good advice. I have at least two great uncles who served as well as one of my grandfathers. Hearing their war stories you would think it was a blast, but when they speak of their buddies who died it makes you feel depressed for the rest of the day. War has been glorified ever since the beginning of time, leading many young men, like beastmode, to be overly enthusiastic. This can be attributed to the war stories that glorify war and make others want to have their own glory. Serving in the military is a very honorable thing, but I believe, like any major life decision, it should be pondered and thought completely through. The best thing someone wanting to join the military can do, like I said earlier is to join a football team or like sport, such as wrestling. If you can't cut it hear and do not like being told what to do here, you will hate the military. If you still decide to join, I would try to go to an officer school. From talking to my family members who are veterans I understand that this is a much better choice than enlisting, but it does place more responsibility on a person.

Old 06-17-2012, 06:13 AM   #44

I also would wait until after this president leaves office. I remember when the military used to be the place to turn when you couldn't find a job. Now every time you turn around they're talking about cutting the military's pay, cutting benefits and I have a friend still in active duty as a gunny and he told me they have cut rank promotions.