any summer military/boot camps? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > any summer military/boot camps?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2012, 07:23 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 18

speaking another language or having a degree isnt going to help you rank up in the marine corps. you can get paid extra for speaking another language however.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:21 PM   #22
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 518 Times on 316 Posts

To join the military to want to go to war is the wrong reason. You should join because you want to honor a family member , or because you want to serve your country. No man wants to go war we go because we are told to . We as soldier( train for war but pray for peace). That was on our wall in basic and it has always stuck with me when I was in . Cause war is no video game you can't just hit the reset button when you die. If you want to get in shape to be ready then I would join a gym and play sports .

"Don't call me Sir, I work for a living"

"I'm an A**hole"

Old 06-13-2012, 08:24 PM   #23

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnovice09
speaking another language or having a degree isnt going to help you rank up in the marine corps. you can get paid extra for speaking another language however.
Going into boot if you have a degree it gets you one rank up but that's moving from the bottom of the sh!t pile to middle of it and another $30 on your check. As to your reasons you are giving the wrong ones as has been said. Sig vis poccum parabellum is the motto I always lived by when I was in the Corps.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #24
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2905 Times on 1675 Posts
Likes Given: 1255

Take a look here: http://www.nationalflightacademy.com/

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 06-13-2012, 09:54 PM   #25

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 10

If you want to fight, join the Navy. There's lots of bars overseas that you can train in.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #26

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneygoogle
If you want to fight, join the Navy. There's lots of bars overseas that you can train in.
The bar fights are any branch Barney

Old 06-14-2012, 10:36 AM   #27
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6175 Times on 3059 Posts
Likes Given: 6554

I was a HS grad and I did fine but that was 30 years ago, todays military is competing for higher degrees now. Most service branches are pushing for at least a 2 year degree and GED's are going to be Highly Unlikely candidates very soon. That extra rank you gain can be a catapult past those who are less educated and its worthy of consideration especially for anyone considering making it a career.

Movies lie and this is not your Grandfathers Military. Few upwardly mobile positions do not require advanced skills not readily available in a HS degree holder. Dont sell yourself short, get a good education first.

Lastly, Tech professional positions (WO's) always require at least a 2 year and prefer some experience so leaving school as fast as you can may not give you the choices you would hope to have.

In the end, we train hard to be prepared to wage war and win and pray not to do anything but train more and fight less. Even the term "Fight" doesnt give due respect to what Vets do everyday; we dont fight, kids and idiots fight, we devise and conduct sustained and highly strategic combat operations against an NME force with the goal of denying them any advantage or chance of victory. Its worked well for a solid century or more, others are rightfully cognoscente of the fact that we are the best in the world, dont test our resolve or you will regret that dark day!

Old 06-14-2012, 11:57 AM   #28

Liked 31 Times on 12 Posts

Best advice I could give is to be on the football team. Why? They will whip your butt into shape and a lot of your coaches, at least mine, were in the military. My defensive line coach was an Army Ranger.

Old 06-14-2012, 12:12 PM   #29

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default The Navy gets the women

I'm not trying to talk you out of the Marines or any other branch, but the Sailors always got the goodlooking women. I never knew why , maybe the uniforms.

Old 06-15-2012, 04:36 AM   #30

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

i have told my friends i want to join to serve my country but i was just sharing one of the reasons i wanted to join. I know how dangerous it is but i want to join anyway. By the way from what i have heard you go quite along time without having sex i assume thats one of the worst parts lol.

weblyfossberry-

What i meant to say was that i dont give up, i dont cave under pressure, i can force myself to keep pushing etc.
Also i know what you mean, Just because someone likes to fight dosent mean much if they cant think under pressure and function in extreme situations. Someone whos in the marines should be able to make good decisions quickly even when under extreme pressure and give out multiple order and follow directions and listen and so on. I am really focused on my education right now i want to get straight a's all throughout highschool.

Last edited by beastmode986; 06-15-2012 at 04:45 AM.