any other certified instructor besides NRA?? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > any other certified instructor besides NRA??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2013, 10:18 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 652 Times on 396 Posts
Likes Given: 3631

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
Gunsmith,

Unfortunately, probably none that would be recognized by the general public or other entities.

As long as the certification course is approved by the state, that's all that matters.

The general public that are uninformed about firearms, will also be unaware that there are firearms safety courses.

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 08-29-2013, 10:34 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 652 Times on 396 Posts
Likes Given: 3631

Quote:
Originally Posted by okieboy View Post
I want to get my instructor certification to teach CHL classes. Is there any other certification besides NRA certification? If it has to be NRA its going to be over a year before there's a class anywhere near me
You can go to the OSBI website and get a list of instructors, and call any in your area to find out if they also do instructor certification courses.

Or, go to a LGS and speak with people there.

Just because there aren't any classes scheduled for the rest of the year, doesn't mean you can't find an instructor willing to do a one-on-one (some may even prefer that).

I do agree with DenverSteve. Be patient, learn how to instruct, find an instructor willing to allow you to assist. Definitely make sure your people skills are honed (IMO more important than your ability to shoot - which is also important). Take whatever advanced courses you can (providing you have the funding).

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Last edited by Mason609; 08-29-2013 at 10:35 AM. Reason: not enough coffee