American Tactical
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > American Tactical

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2009, 04:07 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 208 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 289

Default American Tactical

I recently purchased a American Tactical CS-9. I thought that this was a very nice handgun and carried it on a regular basis. Tonight when I came home from work I heard something in my back bedroom and grabbed my trusty 9mm and headed that way with 911 on speed dial and phone in hand. When I was confident no one was in my home I went to put the weapon back on safe (the hammer was alread down). When I pushed down on the safety leaver the gun fired. I know what many of you are thinking and no, my finger was not on the trigger, it was on the slide. I was trained by the U.S. Army and know firearms safety. I know how to clear a room/house with both a handgun and long gun and know how to safely handle a firearm. This was not human error, it was a mechanical error. I am posting this to bash American Tactical and to let everyone know not to purchase their products. Thanks for listening.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-06-2009, 03:20 AM   #2

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Is the safety a de-cocker also?

I'm trying to put two and two together, and it's not working for me. If the hammer is already down, what is causing the firing pin to hit the primer? The firing pin would have to be jarred enough to hit the primer with enough force to ignite. I'm just wondering if the de-cock has something to do with it (if the pistol has a de-cock, that is).

Old 09-29-2009, 06:57 PM   #3

yes it has a de-cocker.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:11 PM   #4

WOW scary. sounds like nobody was hurt.
Did it damage any property.

Old 10-01-2009, 04:30 AM   #5

At first I didn't think that the bullet hit anything, about 3 weeks later I walked out my front door to go to work and noticed something looked a little off on my Harley...the bullet exited the house and went into the battery on my bike.

A little update though. I sent the company a message via an email and never heard anything back until about a week ago. Turns out I don't know how o send an email and it didn't get sent for a couple of weeks. One of the big wigs got back with me, via email, and attached a UPS thingy to send my handgun back to them. He informed me that they have stopped shipping the firearm and are inspecting all their firearms they have on hand until my handgun gets in there. This guy said that they would fully inspect the firearm and video tape the entire process and send it to me with either a fixed pistol or a new one.

I have to say that (after my email wen through)I was very pleased with the way they are handling this episode. I may have been a little harsh with my first post on here about the company. They seem like they will be taking full responsibility for anything that is wrong with that particular handgun or the design of it. I must say, I was pleased to hear that because I do like everything about the handgun (except for the hole in the wall) and their GSG-5 that I have. I will update once I hear back from them.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:19 PM   #6

This is a very late follow up, but I figured I should go ahead and fill everyone in. I did send the handgun back, and they did fix it. The problem was that there was some sort of spring that was not installed at the factory. The firearm was fixed and shipped back. I did check to be sure that it was in good working order and traded it off for a Remington 870 with 2 barrels. I told the guy at the gun shop and he didn't care that it was the culprit in putting a whole in my wall and Harley. He is happy and I am even more happy because I now have a shotgun!

Old 10-26-2010, 02:14 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8876 Times on 3844 Posts
Likes Given: 1391

Casey- glad that A. Nobody was hurt, and B. You got your gun fixed.

Serves to reinforce Rule #1- From the NRA-

1. ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
This is the primary rule of gun safety. A safe direction means that the gun is pointed so that even if it were to go off it would not cause injury or damage. The key to this rule is to control where the muzzle or front end of the barrel is pointed at all times. Common sense dictates the safest direction, depending on different circumstances.[/

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.