Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Airsoft Training

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 01:06 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I am a avid airsofter as well as a regular shooter, the first thing I learned to shoot with was a BB gun in cub scouts then a .22. What most people don't realize is airsoft faces alot of the same problems as real steel shooter (People trying to ban it, or in one not so smart incedent them thinking they could be converted to a real firearm). what I am saying is all the tactics that I've learned I've practiced in airsoft then at the range. It also helps get your basic down pate. Also it is just plain fun, how many people get the chance to shoot at your friends and not going to jail?

Old 06-11-2010, 03:53 AM   #32
hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS33 View Post
I wouldn't train with airsoft guns. It creates an unrealistic enviroment because the gun acts so much differently then an actual firearm. You have zero recoil as well as low noise and much different velocity which affects aiming.
can you tell me if you can carry on you a airsoft plastic pellet gun in NJ? I am new here in NJ

Old 06-11-2010, 03:56 AM   #33
hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
I am a avid airsofter as well as a regular shooter, the first thing I learned to shoot with was a BB gun in cub scouts then a .22. What most people don't realize is airsoft faces alot of the same problems as real steel shooter (People trying to ban it, or in one not so smart incedent them thinking they could be converted to a real firearm). what I am saying is all the tactics that I've learned I've practiced in airsoft then at the range. It also helps get your basic down pate. Also it is just plain fun, how many people get the chance to shoot at your friends and not going to jail?
that's real true but I am new and would like to know is it legal to shoot airsoft plastic pellets and carry the airsoft gun like on you to go somewhere?

Old 06-11-2010, 04:12 AM   #34

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Hey, hey. How about stopping by the introductions section and introuce yourself. That is what most of the new members do, and it gives a chance for the rest of the members to get to know you a bit.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 06-11-2010, 04:16 AM   #35
hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Hey, hey. How about stopping by the introductions section and introuce yourself. That is what most of the new members do, and it gives a chance for the rest of the members to get to know you a bit.
fine, if I can find where it is first

Old 06-13-2010, 05:27 AM   #36

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

I played quite a bit in my younger years
I also refereed paintball and airsoft
I agree it's great for practicing a lot of different things.
You also don't have to use simuntions, which are expensive...
no worries of accidental real steel rounds going downrange either
Airsoft gave me the practice I needed for(nearly) instantaneous Mag swaps, and weapons transitions and yeah...

Carrying an airsoft gun in public is, in most places A FELONY, even where firearms are legal for open carry.
Concealed carry of one is even more stupid! You're more likely to try to pull it out to show the officer it's not a real gun, who, in almost every right thinking opinion, is completely Justified

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 06-16-2010, 07:40 PM   #37

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I play airsoft usually regularly each weekend, but haven't for a while. I have an M16 w/ 203, SIG P226, M16A1 VN, and others. It is a blast to play. Our field is a 50 acre wooded field with villages and bunkers. We are able to use smoke grenades, sound flashes(produce a very loud bang) as well as other items (claymores, grenades, M203 rounds, etc.)

Accuracy suffers some due to the veolocity at which most guns shoot, but it is still a lot of fun.

Another thing is field stripping of most of the gas blow back pistols is the same for the real steel counterparts. I was able to field strip my friends Glock 19 with never holding a real one, because my airsoft version field stripped the same way.

I am able to still put into practice reloading in the heat of a firefight, waiting for the right time to fire and make my position know, working in a group, tactics for sneaking up and staying hidden, being disoriented in woods with smoke grenades going off, people yelling for covering fire, trying to find out where the enemy is attacking from, etc.

In the village it is pistols and shotguns only so learning to room clear is useful too.

Yeah, there are younger kids that don't take it seriously or take it too seriously. To each is own. I prefer to take a lonewolf approach because i'm there to have fun. But I still put standard techniques into effect. I try to aim and fire the gas hand guns just like I would a real one. Same with long arms weapons. A buddy that plays has PVS-14 night vision, but he also enjoy s real steel weapons as well. It is a hobby like any other out there.

Point i'm making is that it really is a great time and like paintball is a blast to play. I enjoy the fact that the airsoft replicas are close to the real weight of their real steel counterparts. Yes, prices on the higher end stuff are expensive. For what I have into my two M-16s I could have a real AR-15 and a bunch of ammo.

Now that I have my CCW, sure I wish I kept more of my money for the real thing, but I can't forget all the fun I had and guys I met playing Airsoft. I'll still do both, but will lean towards going to the range moreso.

Last edited by jamesb; 06-16-2010 at 07:45 PM.

Old 06-17-2010, 06:51 AM   #38

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
Then fire off at least three rounds in fast succession. unless you are already somewhat deaf, the ear-splitting blast of your weapon going off will disorient you and leave you with a nice ringing in your ears.
With 9MM it sounds like a book dropping on the wood floor

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 06-17-2010, 03:09 PM   #39

Yes you can.
Bought a Beretta PX4 replica CO2 pellet gun to practice with during the winter. I don't have any indoor ranges near me. Great for basic fundamentals of shooting.
It is the same size, approx. weight, same controls, mag release and safety just like my real one. You also have to rack the slide to fire even the hammer works.

Believe me it has recoil and blow back of the slide just like the original. It makes a good deal of noise when firing. Can be shot in the back yard without sending the neighbors to their phones to call 911.

Have to keep it away from children because it shoots metal pellets and can cause human and property damage. Works for me.

Beretta PX4 Storm. Air guns - PyramydAir.com

Old 06-17-2010, 06:19 PM   #40

Liked 3678 Times on 1755 Posts
Likes Given: 619

I've never shot airsoft, but I've used a bb gun to "mess around" with when I can't get to the range. I've noticed a difference. I wouldn't solely rely on a bb gun or airsoft and expect to be "properly trained" or ready for a self defense scenario. But in my honest opinion, I've noticed that simple double tap drills, or Mozambique drills with the bb gun in the basement, really has made a difference on the range. But that's just my opinion. If I had money and access to a range I would shoot only real guns, but I guess you have to make the best with what you have...